Hello I found this bad boy in the recycle pile at work:
http://noritake-vfd.com/gu512x32h-3900b.aspx
datasheet and resources:
https://www.noritake-elec.com/products/model?part=GU512X32H-3900B
I was wondering if I could use a Arduino to make this work? I notice that there are plugs already coming out of the serial interface rs232 port and the voltage. I guess this is how they hooked it up at work?
Anyway, if I use a RS232 Serial Port to TTL Converter, like this:
http://www.dx.com/p/rs232-serial-po...VAcpkCh0STAs_EAQYAiABEgLoF_D_BwE#.W1koHdhKjOQ
to hook up the serial port, but what about the power? On the spec it says it needs 24V (display)
5V (Logic).
I notice that I can buy PC-RS232 Connection Kit for GU-3000 Series and CU-TE Series:
http://noritake-vfd.com/sck-ca07pw06-n1.aspx
Could I use this with the Arduino?
Thank you
http://noritake-vfd.com/gu512x32h-3900b.aspx
datasheet and resources:
https://www.noritake-elec.com/products/model?part=GU512X32H-3900B
I was wondering if I could use a Arduino to make this work? I notice that there are plugs already coming out of the serial interface rs232 port and the voltage. I guess this is how they hooked it up at work?
Anyway, if I use a RS232 Serial Port to TTL Converter, like this:
http://www.dx.com/p/rs232-serial-po...VAcpkCh0STAs_EAQYAiABEgLoF_D_BwE#.W1koHdhKjOQ
to hook up the serial port, but what about the power? On the spec it says it needs 24V (display)
5V (Logic).
I notice that I can buy PC-RS232 Connection Kit for GU-3000 Series and CU-TE Series:
http://noritake-vfd.com/sck-ca07pw06-n1.aspx
Could I use this with the Arduino?
Thank you