Nonlinear elements in circuit

Uytio001

Joined Nov 19, 2020
circuit.png
Hi, I'm new in electronic and I have problem with that circuit. I did what I can with that circuit and I stuck here. I have to calculate In but I don't know how. Could someone help me ?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You said you did what you can, but then don't show what you did. We aren't mind readers. Show your work.

You have this "U1" marked but don't give its polarity?

Is your dependent source a dependent voltage source or a dependent current source?

What are the units of the parameters in your nonlinear element? Is it 5 A² ? Is it 3 V/mA² ?

Are you familiar with Thevenin equivalents?

Are you familiar with load line analysis?

Uytio001

Joined Nov 19, 2020
1605803354613.png
This is orginal picture what I get. The command says "Please find the value of the In current flowing through the nonlinear resistor in the circuit below."

Uytio001

Joined Nov 19, 2020
You said you did what you can, but then don't show what you did. We aren't mind readers. Show your work.

You have this "U1" marked but don't give its polarity?

Is your dependent source a dependent voltage source or a dependent current source?

What are the units of the parameters in your nonlinear element? Is it 5 A² ? Is it 3 V/mA² ?

Are you familiar with Thevenin equivalents?

Are you familiar with load line analysis?
I know Thevenin equivalents but only the basics and I don't know how to use it in that circuit. All I did was simplify the circuit

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
So look at how to find the Thevenin equivalent circuit when you have a dependent voltage source. It's pretty straight forward. Then find the equivalent for everything in your circuit except the nonlinear element.