Noise canceling - polaroid 2.1 speaker

Humator

Joined Mar 15, 2021
Hi. Trying to fix a polaroid 2.1 speaker.
It turns of at low levels sounds and switches on nasty sound at higher tones. Iguess that's polaroid way to get rid of static noise while not playing any audio.
My question is:
Is getting rid of any of those chips would help.
Sorry im a complete noob in this

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
My question is:
Is getting rid of any of those chips would help.
That's virtually impossible.

Are you saying it's not functioning as it once did, or that it has never behaved the way you like? What do you mean by "nasty sound at higher tones"?

Humator

Joined Mar 15, 2021
It was like this from the begining. Speaker sewitches of at low volumes and turns on in the middle of next louder sound with a noticable noise. Like one would make plugin a speaker to the source.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
It was like this from the begining. Speaker sewitches of at low volumes and turns on in the middle of next louder sound with a noticable noise. Like one would make plugin a speaker to the source.
Ah, OK, so the problem is that the automatic switching is clumsy. You'd prefer it to stay on all the time, I guess.

That should be possible but I don't have the chops, certainly not by just looking at it in a picture. A schematic would be great but hard or impossible to find. Have you tried to search for a schematic or a service manual?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I think you've been sold a bill of goods by a camera company that thinks it can produce cheap audio products that sell for a high dollar.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
I think he means it shuts off at low volume then it turns on in the middle of the next louder sound with noticeable noise.
I think it is biased wrong so it is cutoff or saturated when trying to play a low volume then a loud sound makes it produce a severe distortion noise.
The speaker system is VERY cheap and the single review says it produces bad sound. Its output power is only 6W max which might be a total of only 4.2W of real power.