Node analysis Question 2

copala3

Joined May 31, 2019
I applied supernode in equation 1, but I'm not sure if the equation I wrote is correct. Can supernode be applied to V1 and V3? Which solution is right? Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

Zeeus

Joined Apr 17, 2019
Why can't the super node rule apply?
don't understand the question : please explain (cos used supernode to arrive at answer)

and first image, did not understand your 3rd and 1st equations

edit : not too sure but your first equation in 1st image, what about the current that goes "into" the 60v? you ignored it
if you did not ignore it then you'll see that 1st equation and 2nd equation are the same

again : not too sure but will be sure if 2nd image is correct

Last edited:

copala3

Joined May 31, 2019
Question:Find the node voltages and find the power of the 6(i phi) source.Yes the third equation is the same as the first equation I have already written 2 equations 1 and 2. Isn't the first node 60 V? I think the current there does not matter.When there is a voltage source between two nodes, the super node rule needs to be applied but I'm trying to understand why the first equation in my first photo isn't,maybe correct or not :) Thank you for help me.

Zeeus

Joined Apr 17, 2019
Question:Find the node voltages and find the power of the 6(i phi) source.Yes the third equation is the same as the first equation I have already written 2 equations 1 and 2. Isn't the first node 60 V? I think the current there does not matter.When there is a voltage source between two nodes, the super node rule needs to be applied but I'm trying to understand why the first equation in my first photo isn't,maybe correct or not :) Thank you for help me.
Okay...Maybe you are correct but

your first equation,
the first term (V1-V2) /2 you considered the current between V1 and V2 ===== V1 node
2nd term, current between V3 and V2. ====== V3 node
3rd term, current between V3 and ground ===== V3 node

Now at V1 node, what about the current that flows through the 60V ? no current there?
I missed something?

copala3

Joined May 31, 2019
You are right.Yes there needs to be a current., I think I need to include the current there but if I add the current there, how can I destroy it? So how do I solve the question?

Zeeus

Joined Apr 17, 2019
You are right.Yes there needs to be a current., I think I need to include the current there but if I add the current there, how can I destroy it? So how do I solve the question?
destroy the current?
why..anyways, here :
KCL
The current through the 60V(Ix) + current through 24 ohms + current through 3 ohms = 0
Then you see the equation is just same as your equation 2
2nd image answer is correct for me

Please what book you have?
Foundations of Analog and Digital Electronic Circuits by Agarwal?