Nodal analysis help

prodisoft

Joined Oct 17, 2015
Hi all, i am trying solve the 5.15 exercise, is for modeling and analisis of dymanic sistems, i have a dude using nodal analisis i have I1, this involves L1, Va, R1?

p2.jpg

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Your equations are a hash from the get go. You need to learn to track and check your units.

Your very first equation has "R + L" in the denominator. So you are trying to add resistance to inductance. Resistance has units of ohms, which are equivalent to "volts/amp". Inductance has units of "volt·sec/amp" which is equivalent to "Ω·s". They are incompatible and, had you checked units, you would have known that before wasting any more time on anything further.

Similarly, in your next two equations you have current equal to voltage divided by capacitance (which yields V²/A·s, which is no where close to A) and in the last one you have voltage divided by inductance (which yields A/s).

Most of the mistakes you make will mess up the units and, if you bother to check them, you can catch them very early. If you don't check them ....

prodisoft

Joined Oct 17, 2015
Yes i see it. sorry for that mistake, i used it just for indicate, you have the reason is confuse.

In my node i have 3 currents, I1, I2, I3

My problem is I1, i think R is part of I1, but how I involve R1 to form part of the equation for I1
PA180009.JPG

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
In your equation for I1, you have (Va-V1), but that is NOT the voltage across the inductor. Va is the voltage at the top-left node relative to the bottom-left node. You need the voltage at the top-left node relative to your chosen common. You are correct in your supposition that you need to get R1 involved somehow. What is the voltage at the bottom-left node relative to your common in terms of R and I1?

prodisoft

Joined Oct 17, 2015
In your equation for I1, you have (Va-V1), but that is NOT the voltage across the inductor. Va is the voltage at the top-left node relative to the bottom-left node. You need the voltage at the top-left node relative to your chosen common. You are correct in your supposition that you need to get R1 involved somehow. What is the voltage at the bottom-left node relative to your common in terms of R and I1?
for L1 Something like this? (−I1R+Va−V1).