No Vcc or Tx marks, and no service technical information to explain

sdkidd

Joined Sep 13, 2020
I need help. Wasn’t sure where else to turn. I have an LGLMXS27626S refrigerator in a rental home in the Turks and Caicos islands. There are no LG certified technicians and I can’t get LG support to talk to me. The unit needs a new compressor which I sent (FLA075LANA). It requires a software update and I sent the re-writer as well. The directions state “If the mark is Vcc, connect the red connector. If the mark is Tx, connect the white connector. If you don’t see a mark (Vcc, Tx), refer to the service technical information." The problem is there is no mark for Vcc or Tx, nor is there any service technical information to refer to. Can anyone help me guide the service technician on the island? Without being able to properly update the software, we cannot get the unit to power on, and I spent more than the cost of the compressor to send it there! I would appreciate any help!

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
Cut your losses and by a new refrigerator, (seriously).
It seems odd that "we cannot get the unit to power on".
Any new software would be to fix a known problem, or to make small changes to the program
based on slightly different performance parameters of the new style compressor.
Just changing the Compressor Model would not prevent the Compressor from starting and running,
it might only mean that the Fridge would not perform exactly as expected, under certain specific circumstances.
Sounds like the Controller was actually the only problem, and the original compressor was just fine.
That's what happens when you put an "Old-Skool' "Handyman" on a high tech problem.
The guy working on it probably has no clue as to how to diagnose and locate a problem.
" OOhhhh, the compressor won't start,
got to be a bad Compressor, yeah that's it, I'd bet on it, I'm positive that's got to be it",
when there's probably ~15 different "points of failure" that could be the cause.

sdkidd

Joined Sep 13, 2020
It seems my post was not accurate. I apologize. They were able to get the refrigerator to work with a different compressor on a timer (not the one recommended for this fridge) than the one that I sent. The issue with the correct one that I sent them is the PCB needs to be updated to operate with it, and apparently the PCB is older than the ones the update instructions are intended for. The newer PCB's have the "Vcc and Tx" markings. I was able to talk to an LG tech who sent a work around for the older PCB's, and if that doesn't work, I will have to get the new PCB to use with the new compressor. Thanks for the reply!