no use

shankbond

Joined Nov 4, 2007
guys, i feel terrible ,when i was said that i had poor communication skills.

it was on thursday,my project seminar ,where i wasn't even allowed to speak ,and without hearing my seminar teachers say your communication skills are poor,how embarrasing how disgusting,they simply don't know how much i have worked?
they keep on interrupting me saying you have poor skills

i feel kind of deceived.

ah!!! just wanted to share with u people ,after all this is the community i love most.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I haven't noticed an abundance of sympathy on these forums. You might have better luck with a dog. I recommend Basset Hounds; you can't find a better friend than a rescued Basset.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
The next time that happens (if there is a next time), simply acknowledge it the first time, and ask if the discussion can progress now that their assertion has been acknowledged.

If it comes up again in the same conversation, ask them why are they wasting time with a point that has already been acknowledged, as they should know that improvement in such things involves time and practice. By them belaboring the point, and not allowing the conversation to proceed beyond that "dead horse" is simply wasting everyone's time.

Throw it right back in their face. And don't be too nice about it, either. ;)

shankbond

Joined Nov 4, 2007
The next time that happens (if there is a next time), simply acknowledge it the first time, and ask if the discussion can progress now that their assertion has been acknowledged.

If it comes up again in the same conversation, ask them why are they wasting time with a point that has already been acknowledged, as they should know that improvement in such things involves time and practice. By them belaboring the point, and not allowing the conversation to proceed beyond that "dead horse" is simply wasting everyone's time.

Throw it right back in their face. And don't be too nice about it, either. ;)
hehehe

good one:D:cool:

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
guys, i feel terrible ,when i was said that i had poor communication skills.

it was on thursday,my project seminar ,where i wasn't even allowed to speak ,and without hearing my seminar teachers say your communication skills are poor,how embarrasing how disgusting,they simply don't know how much i have worked?
they keep on interrupting me saying you have poor skills

i feel kind of deceived.

ah!!! just wanted to share with u people ,after all this is the community i love most.
By not giving you an opportunity to express yourself on your work, it says a lot more about them than they try to say about you. Have pity on them if anything. If you want to learn English (like learning anything else) then stick at it, you'll get there in the end.

Think of it this way, you can communicate on here in English; whereas the vast majority of us (myself included) would not be able to communicate with you in your native language - that is something in itself to be very pleased (proud) about.

Dave

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
What can I say...teachers. I don't know if that is your case, but in Portugal, most of the university teachers are "loosers" in other jobs inside their area of "vocation". Since they are "loosers", they dedicate themselves to teaching. Of course that means that they are not made for the job. I think that might be your case. They picked on your communication skills, but they could pick on something else. It is just a pretext. Don't worry. Just ignore them about that matter.

On the reverse of the coin, we have excellent teachers that like to teach.

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
We have a saying in America:

Those who can - do. Those who can't - teach. Those who can't teach, run for office.

Obviously, there are some fine teachers in the world. I've been quite privileged to learn from some of the best of them. But there is indeed a much high tolerance for incompetence in academia than is found in industry.

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007

Those who can - do. Those who can't - teach. Those who can't teach, run for office.

Obviously, there are some fine teachers in the world. I've been quite privileged to learn from some of the best of them. But there is indeed a much high tolerance for incompetence in academia than is found in industry.
I'm amazed! There are things that are universal.

Of course, in Portugal, instead of running for office, ignorants usually run for the parliament. All ignorants and pure theorists of crap are there!

Mark44

Joined Nov 26, 2007

I've heard a variant of the saying: Those who can - do. Those who can't - teach. Those who can't teach, teach teachers.

theamber

Joined Jun 13, 2008
I think you have to work harder and demostrate them the next time that you have better communication skills than they do. Not as a revanche for making you feel bad but to make you much better. The best thing you can have in life is a challenge and fight for it even if it takes all your life, that is the essence of life man!. Do things because they are hard and not because they are easy. You may have been deceiving yourself, remember that they are your teachers. Just work much harder next time there is nothing wrong with critizing some one but don't lie. Look at it this way;just imaging that they told you that you were great when in reality you were not. There is always room to improve. Don't get mad get even and demostrate them and yourself that you can have fanatically great communications skills.