No PS, what you see in the picture?

Thread Starter

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
7,505
No PS? That's a new one on me. What does it mean? No power supply?
PB, you look like never use software to draw anything or didn't care about some special photos are true or false on the internet, the meaning of PS just like john mentioned, and when we talking about photos and the PS means PhotoShop, because the PhotoShop is the most famous computer modifying software for Photos, it was so famous, and became the representative of computer software for Photos, but it is also too expensive, so I just use the freeware GIMP, and I downloaded the software yesterday.
 

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
8,009
PB, you look like never use software to draw anything or didn't care about some special photos are true or false on the internet, the meaning of PS just like john mentioned, and when we talking about photos and the PS means PhotoShop, because the PhotoShop is the most famous computer modifying software for Photos, it was so famous, and became the representative of computer software for Photos, but it is also too expensive, so I just use the freeware GIMP, and I downloaded the software yesterday.
PB? That's a new one on me. What does it mean? Peanut Butter?
 

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
5,029
Some 40 years ago, (PS did not exist and nobody did care either :)), I spent a full year in an hydrographic survey along a stretch of our Paraná river, well upstream, where the navigation for barges was (is?) conducted using visual references to buoys (where they do exist) but mostly to relevant natural points on both margins. One of them, a small cliff covered with trees and bushes, was known as "la Reina Victoria" (Victoria Queen).

It took lot of imagination to see precisely her image there, just a vague human profile, but all pilots recognized the place and you would not dare to argue on that.

BTW, albeit fat, the dog is there.

PD: just in case, for nitpickers-to-be, PS started around 1987. :p
 

Thread Starter

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
7,505
PapaBravo is the common way to say "P" "B" phonetically.

John
Modern people more lazy, more less to saying like that, some may say P,B, and if as what you said then when you say "P" "S", you can try how many people will be understand what you mean?
 

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
11,087
It's radio talk, and I use it when talking with a millennial who can't/won't enunciate her words. Once you learn the phonetic alphabet, it is easy.
juliet pappa alpha november hotel alpha lima tango
 

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
2,689
It's radio talk, and I use it when talking with a millennial who can't/won't enunciate her words. Once you learn the phonetic alphabet, it is easy.
juliet pappa alpha november hotel alpha lima tango
We're using it all the time when we talk on the radio in the Homeguard. When the link is bad, nothing beats spelling names with the phonetic alphabet.
 

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
5,029
We're using it all the time when we talk on the radio in the Homeguard. When the link is bad, nothing beats spelling names with the phonetic alphabet.
Yes! In emergencies, with two or more vessels navigating close to each other, it is good to be clearly understood. If you tune any marine channel you will hear it all the time. Even more with people native in different languages who risk to understand what they hear, differently. Trust me on this.

It is used worldwide and not limited to the military or maritime activity. Look here
 

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
4,390
The phonetic alphabet is used to ensure the communications get through properly. I remember doing a long message phonetically on the HF channel.

No ps ... of course I first thought post script, but then I realized that PS may be relegated to the annuls of history.
 

#12

Joined Nov 30, 2010
18,224
This resembles Saddleback mountain west of Santa Ana California. I suppose your Taiwan hill is called, "Sleeping Dog".:D
 
Top