Nixie clock problem

Bogdan.m

Joined Apr 20, 2019
Hello everyone, i started a project for a nixie clock and after a few hours of searching i found this one
i made the pcb, i had to modify the shield for tubes, but now i am facing a problem, at first i powered the main pcb with no ic in socket, everything ok, time to insert 555 and check the high voltage, it draws 360ma and the high voltage is missing, i noticed i mounted D1 the wrong way. i fixed this, now it draws 2A and i still have no high voltage, but now i only have 2v on the output of the voltage regulator...

Bogdan.m

Joined Apr 20, 2019
I already made that high voltage converter to test my tubes and it works fine. i will test c1, and i don't want to make another design, since i already have this pcb and all the components.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Check that Q10 has not gone short circuit as a result of having D1 the wrong way round. Also check that C1 has not been damaged with reverse polarity when D1 was inserted the wrong way.

Les.

Bogdan.m

Joined Apr 20, 2019
checked everything, everything was ok, i tried it without the voltage regulator, it draws 4a and q12 blew up, so i tested my hv circuit without q12 and it works just fine. This is with only the 555 in place, the other ic i will put only after i sort out the hv part.