Newton's law of force

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Maybe it should be called the law of brutality. I saw a GoPro video the other night of a biker at night, doing 168mph running into the back of a stopped semi-truck.... would have died if it hadn't been for all the people he'd passed stopping to save his life. You see the back-end of the truck, you see him try to lean his bike to swerve, and then he hits it- you hear the sound. That sound. *That* sound. Crunch.

xox

Joined Sep 8, 2017
Maybe it should be called the law of brutality. I saw a GoPro video the other night of a biker at night, doing 168mph running into the back of a stopped semi-truck.... would have died if it hadn't been for all the people he'd passed stopping to save his life. You see the back-end of the truck, you see him try to lean his bike to swerve, and then he hits it- you hear the sound. That sound. *That* sound. Crunch.
Acceleration's evil twin: Deceleration!

ZCochran98

Joined Jul 24, 2018
I don't think this one was due to Newton.
Edit: My mistake, I thought it was Johannes Kepler.
If I recall my physics history correctly, what took Kepler decades to calculate and derive from careful arithmetic and observation you can do in the space of an afternoon with Newton's contributions (plus a few later mathematicians' works) to both physics and math.

schmitt trigger

Joined Jul 12, 2010
Perhaps he realized he had opened an account on an incorrect forum.
Related;
I wonder how many low-post-count users AAC has?
By low post meaning 3 or less.

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
You know of course "respectfully" your intellectual prowess, can be most intimidating and quite frankly still is to me. In short I believe you guys scared him away! :mad:

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Considering you have to be a "Member" to post...
1622927362917.png
That's a whole lotta lurkers roun' heah. Wonder how many are bots?

sparky 1

Joined Nov 3, 2018
Initially I am inclined to suggest the best course based on psychology to be grounded rather than drifting in absolute space.
Music expression contrasts effects of news media during transition from lock down getting out exploring possabilities presenting an alternative getting one's mind off of the problems temporarily then redirect one's efforts
Why not go for a soda was a kind suggestion to a friend. Friendly not forceful.
Interested in coping better, search PTSD

Last edited: