Newby seeking help to design a circuit for a project

tomnewby

Joined Jul 19, 2017
Hi - Can anyone help me? - I'm very new to electronics: I can wire some very basic circuits and do some untidy soldering but I don't really know what I'm doing and I've never programmed a controller or anything like that (but willing to learn). I'm trying to teach myself but I have a relatively complicated project that I have about two months to create and I don't know where to start. If I explain what I need the circuit to do, could anyone help me design the circuit and I will teach myself how to build it?
Thanks in advance,
Tom

Project:
A prop for a friend's escape room...
Desired outcome:
Press one of ten buttons (each button relates to a 2 minute spoken audio mp3). when any of the ten buttons is depressed, a light will begin to flash and continue to flash until a circuit is broken/completed. When the circuit is broken/completed, the corresponding audio will play until the the end or until the circuit is back in its original state. If the circuit is made/broken again, the same audio will play again. This will continue to happen unless a different button is depressed, at which point the light will begin to flash again until the circuit is made/broken and the new corresponding audio will begin to play.

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
Why ten buttons?
What makes the circuit broken/completed?
What is the relationship between the buttons and the circuit as above?
What programming language(s) are you familiar with?
Is this some kind of game circuits?

Allen

tomnewby

Joined Jul 19, 2017
Why ten buttons?
What makes the circuit broken/completed?
What is the relationship between the buttons and the circuit as above?
What programming language(s) are you familiar with?
Is this some kind of game circuits?

Allen
HI Allen,
So, yea, its kind of a game i guess. This is a prop for the game controller to provide clues to the game player so the game controller presses the button relating to the clue that he/she wants to give to the game player. The flashing light alerts the game player that a clue is available and then the game player lifts the receiver of a telephone (breaking the circuit) to play the audio clue. They can lift the receiver and listen to the clue as many times as they like until the game controller presses a different button to alert the game player that a different clue is available.
Does that make sense?
Cheers, Tom