newbie needs help

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by mattpeters, Mar 11, 2015.

  1. mattpeters

    Thread Starter New Member

    Mar 11, 2015
    Hi everyone I own a fairground organ that runs off 240v but goes through a big yellow transformer which converts the voltage down to 110v to drive the key frame, I need to be able to control the speed of the AC motor and I understand that I need a VFD to control the hertz and power but the trouble I have is how do I know which one to get!! I can't upload pictures as it won't let me even though its in the correct format
  2. Dodgydave

    AAC Fanatic!

    Jun 22, 2012
    So your fairground machine runs off 120V ac then,you need to know what current and wattage your motor is, there will be a plate on the motor.
  3. MrChips


    Oct 2, 2009
    newbie needs help in learning how to post a proper title

    something like

    "how to control speed of 110VAC motor"

    would be much more useful to readers.