Newbie needs help !

Bob Wilmott

Joined Jan 1, 2015
Hi All,

I've attached (if I pressed the right buttons) front and back views of the transmitter part of a cheap wireless doorbell.

The problem I have is that when I press the doorbell button, it makes the ding-dong sound, but only once. What I want is for the transmitter to transmit, and the receiver to ding-dong, continuously (until switched off).

I've tried everything that my layman's brain can think of... holding the doorbell button down, putting a paper clip between numerous combinations of the soldered bits on the back of the PCB, etc. Nothing I've done makes the ding-dong go continuously :-(

I'm guessing that the microswitch is a type that sends just a single pulse rather than a continuous one.

Does anyone know how I can achieve the desired effect ?

Thanks,

Bob

Attachments

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

A better picture of the PCB backside would be nice. If you have a scanner, you can try to scan it. :)

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014
Seems like you'd want the reset on the bell side, not the transmitter side, right? If so, you'd want the transmitter to work as it currently does, sending a signal just once, and you'd want the repetitive loop on the receiving end. That would also be much friendlier in terms of battery consumption.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
The doorbells I installed last year will not "ding" until you let go of the button, so...what ebeowulf said.
Do it on the ringer end.

Bob Wilmott

Joined Jan 1, 2015
Seems like you'd want the reset on the bell side, not the transmitter side, right? If so, you'd want the transmitter to work as it currently does, sending a signal just once, and you'd want the repetitive loop on the receiving end. That would also be much friendlier in terms of battery consumption.
The doorbells I installed last year will not "ding" until you let go of the button, so...what ebeowulf said.
Do it on the ringer end.
OK, sounds hopeful. Can you explain what I'd have to do on the ringer side? Will it help if I send scans of the ringer front and back ?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

What system do you use?
For windows and linux there is the gimp available.
http://www.gimp.org/
With that you can resize, crop, adjust brightness and contrast and more.

Bertus

PS I am using ColourPaint on my linux machine for the resize and crop.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Are you using a flatbed scanner for the pictures?
Can you position the PCB back in the corner of the scanner and set the resolution a step higher?

Here I used even 1200 DPI on a PCB:

Now you can read the values of the resistors.

Bertus

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

On wich resolution did you make the scan?
Is the PCB close to the glassplate?

The printer/scanner I own has a selectable scan resolution of 75,100,150,200,300,600 and 1200 DPI.

Bertus