Newbie looking for help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace106

Joined Apr 8, 2015
Hello,

I am sure someone has the answer. I have a componet on a small power PCB, I can not identify the symbol. At first I thought it might be a zener diode, but now I'm unsure. The symbol looks a little like a diode but very different also. The componet looks like a disc capacitor and the part number is znr7k221u. I will post a picture of the symbol if anyone needs more info. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Hello,

I am sure someone has the answer. I have a componet on a small power PCB, I can not identify the symbol. At first I thought it might be a zener diode, but now I'm unsure. The symbol looks a little like a diode but very different also. The componet looks like a disc capacitor and the part number is znr7k221u. I will post a picture of the symbol if anyone needs more info. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Perhaps an MOV?

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Thank you for your reply. Forgive me, but I don't know what a MOV is.
MOV = Metal Oxide Varistor
MOVs function as surge absorbers/diverters...

@Ace106
Edit: the described device (ZNR7K221U) seems to be rated at: 140 volts(AC) /180 volts(DC) however I can't seem to find the energy rating...
Edit2: based upon similar devices said rating is likely 15.5 Joules (10/100 microseconds waveform)

Best regards
HP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.