(NEWB and hobbyist) found a thing and would like advice on programming to do something else...

ARDUnewb884

Joined Aug 11, 2020
WIN_20200811_14_12_00_Pro.jpgi found this remote fob thing with a single button and would like to program it to remote trigger a nerf turret with tracking( i already have the turret set up with an arduino but need to attach a tracking mod and a sensor for recieving the an IR signal, but advice helps haha). it definitely sends an IR signal, i have no idea what band or anything. i couldnt find much on this device at all,other than the name of the company on the back, which provides consumer displays, and was walking by a "test your car fob battery" display and happened to have it on me and the IR light lit up instead of the RF. so anything helps idk where else to go.

ARDUnewb884

Joined Aug 11, 2020
so i pushed the button near car key fob tester, and the tester had 2 lights on it one was IR and the other was RF, and the IR light lit up. i could be wrong it was kind of a beat up looking machine. here is a pic of the board. LR1 315.00 is the coin shaped piece next to the antennae and it looks like its a 315.00 MHz SAW Resonator. found a spec sheet and you are right that it is RF. im attaching the spec sheet too.

Attachments