New Forum Template Design - What Happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirch2

Joined Jan 21, 2013
Reminds me of the motto around here "If it is right, We can always change it"

I don't see any post when I hit "quote" ?
I am all for change, IF it is an improvement.
Hopefully all will be addressed?
Max.
Well I took a bit of time (about 5 seconds) to work out how quoting works in this software. Click quote and then click Insert Quotes. Different YES, but it works!

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
That is what I have had to do so far, what is wrong with the automatic method the way all the other sites do?
BTW it does not always work for me if a previous quote was used?
Max.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012

Max.
What you want is reply - this will let you quote a single post in reply.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
.... It does appear that the multi-quote feature is not working properly - after selecting the posts marked for the multi-quote, it just keeps processing...

MrSmoofy

Joined Jul 28, 2014

Max.
.... It does appear that the multi-quote feature is not working properly - after selecting the posts marked for the multi-quote, it just keeps processing...
As I explained to someone else in another thread on the "Quote" button.

1. If you press "Reply" on a message it will include it as a quote in that message.
  2. "Quote" is if you want to include multiple messages (or 1) in a quote.
    1. Press "Quote" on all the messages you want to quote
    2. A "Insert Quotes" button will appear. Press this button to bring up a list of messages.
    3. Remove any messages you decide not to quote with the remove link in the window that opens.
    4. Click "Quote these messages" to insert the messages as quotes in your reply.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012

1. If you press "Reply" on a message it will include it as a quote in that message.
    2. A "Insert Quotes" button will appear. Press this button to bring up a list of messages.
    3. Remove any messages you decide not to quote with the remove link in the window that opens.
Yes, this is what I did.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011

Yes, this is what I did.
Yes but you don't need to use "Quote" if your just going to "Quote" one message just press "Reply" on that message and it includes it as a "Quote" Only use "Quote" if your quoting multiple messages.
This is a test...

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Yes but you don't need to use "Quote" if your just going to "Quote" one message just press "Reply" on that message and it includes it as a "Quote" Only use "Quote" if your quoting multiple messages.
Thank you, but I am aware of this.

I'm in a different user group than you, so it may just be a permission issue. I'll sit it out as I don't often do multi-quotes...

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Having been the victim of many a management lecture by some young thing from Mercer or the like, let me give the favorite opening quote:

The only person who enjoys a change is a wet baby.
I am over 70. At least, I am not a baby. This is a positive change. Let's give it a chance.

John

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Massive problems for me. I can't believe they changed to that same forum engine that ruined ETO forum.

I have tried 6 browsers, all no go. Now typing this on my android tablet.
Opera6; no login appears
IE; every page crashes totally, needs ctrl alt del.
opera 10, firefox,netscap, mozila; pages take 30+ seconds to load (google analytics reporting,facebook etc who needs that crap slowing down the forum anyway?), then hang, then another 30 seconds to timeout so I can kill the unresponsive script error dialog.

But that is not the worst fault! On all 4 of those browsers the text entry box does not appear to let me post a reply. And if I click post reply it posts a blank quote (like above).

So it looks like my tablet might work but it's not convenient for me compared to the speed of typing etc on my pc. My quality of experience is down by a few times.

Anyway I wish people well but I have to make this my last post. I'm not sure why they changed a forum engine that was fast and reliable for one with massive google reporting and trackbacks and other invasive crap, but that's the modern fashion. You guys will have to live with the reduced speed from all that stuff but I can't. :(

Cheers! :)

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Anyway I wish people well but I have to make this my last post.
I don't like it much either, but it is working. Not good or great, but working.

I'm currently sitting on my Linux computer, running the latest version of Kubuntu. My Internet connection is 14.4MBps.

I agree with you on the Google analytics, facebook and twitter crap, and I hope to see you around...

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
The RB said:
Massive problems for me. I can't believe they changed to that same forum engine that ruined ETO forum.
<snip>

I am using Chrome on a Win7Pro machine and have had minimal problems so far.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.