New Forum Template Design - What Happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I'm sorry and I don't mean to offend anyone, but, I hate the new template/format for this site.

I have to scroll way too much, fonts are too small, each posting in the tabular list takes up too much vertical space and too much preview text is shown in the tabular list of postings.

The page has that cheap look of the forums I don't like - not the compact professional/well-managed forum that I appreciated about AAC. It just doesn't feel right. I don't feel like looking closer and reading more - too, "commercial" or "industrial" or ... I don't know what makes me feel uncomfortable.

Cheers, I hope the old one comes back.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
My normal reaction to change is usually initially negative, so I will wait a while before I post my opinion. However, I have to wonder if I am the only one who didn't know this was coming?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
After my post, I realized there is something in the Feedback and Suggestions to warn us of the upgrade.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

On the topright of the page , you will see the word "Alerts".
When you click it a tab will show.
On the bottom right of the tab there is "Alert Preferences".
On that page you can set the preferences of things you want to be warned about.

Bertus

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Also the New Posts is a step back IMO, previously when you read a post it stayed in new posts until you entered posts read, and just became light text, now once you read it it disappears from the list, so to go back to it takes more steps than usualy.
Max.

tindel

Joined Sep 16, 2012
There may be a few growing pains... but I like it for the most part... many of the avatars are a bit pixalated now... might need too work on that - now where are my retro HP oscilloscope pictures?

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
The images will be back - I'm having issues with the redirection script that I wrote. Working on it!

I got about 2 hours of sleep last night, so I'm working a bit slow right now. I promise I will try and tackle every issue over the weekend.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Guy, don't sweat it, get some rest. I love what your doing. I'm an old fart, so I had some trepidation, but the old site really was getting buggier and buggier.

sirch2

Joined Jan 21, 2013
Well said Bill, Take your time jrap, for all the issues there are still plenty of posts being made and overall it looks pretty good. People will always react a bit negatively to change. They'll get used to it.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Working while short on sleep guarantees that I will make mistakes.
Chill. It's functioning.
I don't care if it takes you a week to work out most of the changes.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
People will always react a bit negatively to change. They'll get used to it.
Reminds me of the motto around here "If it is right, We can always change it"

I don't see any post when I hit "quote" ?
I am all for change, IF it is an improvement.
Hopefully all will be addressed?
Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.