Neon Sign Transformers

scytheye

Joined Nov 27, 2007
I'm trying to build a neon sign HV project and was wondering where online I can find a neon sign transformer that is affordable.

HarveyH42

Joined Jul 22, 2007
Ask some of the local bars, the not so well kept ones... People get rough and break stuff, owners tend to hang onto such things. Usually new beer signs, come complete with new transformers, often free from beer distributors. I wasn't really looking, just notice three sitting on a shelf gathering dust, asked, and got all three.

HarveyH42

Joined Jul 22, 2007
Hey, let me know if you come home with one tonight!:D

John
That was about 9 years ago, had some friends in a local band. Felt sort of obligated when the played here (live couple of streets away from the downtown bars). I'm a very light drinker, mostly I took pictures and did the fliers.

Made two jacobs ladders and a Tesla Coil, which I haven't played with in years. Suspected it had something to do with computer crashing and hard drives failing. Started worrying about the effects on some of the electronics I was starting to acquire, so haven't risked it. Hope to eventually build a garage/shop in my backyard, so maybe someday...