Nema 14, Easy Driver and noise

Hiltjere

Joined Feb 14, 2014
I have a almost finished 3D printer with 6 extruders that I have today been trying to get running. The problem is I cant make the E motors work properly. I am using 6 Easy Driver 4.4 to run them - each motor has its' own driver. All the motors run erratically no matter what I do to fix the issue. I have been pulling off everything else than the power source, 1 motor and 1 driver, and still the motor(s) just resonate randomly instead of working onto my test signal from Arduino Uno. When I put a cheap socket type transformer to run the parts I get what I want. The transformer I run into problems with is like this:

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/...t-Power-converter-Power-transformer-AC-DC.jpg

I have bunch of other stuff to run with the same power supply and the problems are equal no matter what I have connected to it. Even with just the Arduino and one Easy Driver (+motor) the problems occur. When the Step and Dir pins are unconnected and the Easy Driver is on, the resonances start right when I try to connect even a short (15cm) wire into the Step pin, with nothing on the other end!

Can all this be due to not having any ferrit chokers on the cables? Damn the weekend....