NeedHelpWithProject

mpuvdd

Joined Feb 11, 2007
Okay,
All I want is a simple design using some basic gates (preferably). Its function will be to output a 1 every time its input switches from a 1 to 0, or 0 to 1. The input will always be 10101010...etc. That would mean that every time the input transitions, the output would stay the same, with no effect. But what I want, is for the output to go negative and then back to positive on every transition. Can anyone help? Thanks a lot.
Sincerely,
mpuvdd

Distort10n

Joined Dec 25, 2006
I have not messed with little logic in a long time. Why not use an AND and OR gate? Tie one input of the AND gate to Vcc so the output will be HIGH or LOW. This will illustrate the high to low transistions with your 010101... input scheme.
Then take the output of the AND gate to an OR gate with one of its inputs tied to Vcc. So with the 010101... scheme, the output will always be a HIGH.
You will have to monitor two signals though.

Did I understand correctly?

mpuvdd

Joined Feb 11, 2007
I figured it out. It was easy. All I did was tie the repeating input (101010...) to both pins of a XOR. Then I inverted one of the pins and I was good to go. Anyway, thanks for all of the help.
mpuvdd
P.S. thingmaker3, I love the quote. :>