Need some info

Pooger

Joined Mar 21, 2004
Hi everybody, i'm new to this stuff (although I've been a student for 3 years lol.. about time to get involved, eh?), and since the summer's approaching I'm going to have some free time to explore the hobby side of electronics.. Anyways I'd like to know what equipment I need to do some circuit design (analog and digital), and more importantly, where to get it at a reasonable (i.e. really really cheap) price. In the labs the university has digital oscilloscopes, function generators, power supplies, etc, and I'd like to get a similar (albeit stripped down) version at home.

If someone would be so kind as to list the equipment and tools needed to get into this hobby, it would be much appreciated, as well as where one could purchase the stuff online or through private sale.

Thanks in advance.

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
:) hi,

maybe you would like to become a serious hobbyist. a good osci. cost a lot of dough, anyway if you like to build your own signal generator i can recommend using XR2206 if it is available in your place. i have just finished upgrading my old circuit using that device. you can have the usual sine, triangle, square, pulse gen., ramp gen, sweep, and fsk. if you want to study the circuit just holler ;)

you either PM or thru my email.

floyd2949@yahoo.co.uk

:) :p

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Anybody taking up electronics as a hobby needs a Digital Multimeter (DMM). This unit will allow you to carry out the basic tasks associated with almost any kind of electronics, and if used correctly will serve to educate you well. They are also relatively cheap, check out companies like Fluke, they have a very good range, like I say at a reasonable price.