Need iPod advice #2

TROUIS

Joined Feb 26, 2021
Hello could anyone please help me in this : I have an old Ipod 5th generation 8GB and wanted to rebirth it. I suspect the inductor I show in the attached picture to be the cause of the issues. Could some one please help me know the exact value of each inductor (circled with black colour) ? best regards,

Attachments

TROUIS

Joined Feb 26, 2021
hello, the picture was taken from the web to illustrate the placement of inductors. in reality those 3 inductors was broken during the soldering so I need to replace them by buying new ones. For that reason I look for the values. Any clue ? tks.

TROUIS

Joined Feb 26, 2021
do you know if logic board (placement of SMD) exists somewhere ? that would be terrific to find out the issue ...

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
do you know if logic board (placement of SMD) exists somewhere ? that would be terrific to find out the issue ...
I'd be surprised if you couldn't find one on eBay or similar. Even non-working ones are available there for parts. For instance I have a gen 6 iPod that took a swim with me. It works but the screen is dead. Between two or three dead ones, you ought to be able to get one working and then re-sell the others.

TROUIS

Joined Feb 26, 2021
I find many but I want to repair mines. we have at home some. to repair them I need to know exactly the circuit shematic design. I just drew on powerpoint a map of the components like as I see them in my numeric microscope. I placed them exatly at the right place. Now I have to find out which one arr resistance, capacitor, ... etc and overall what the hell are their value LOL i have no clue where to find out the real value of each SMD. and without that values I will spend many time looking for documentation (if really they exists ...). I have the program phonebrd but it is only for Iphone and Ipad not for IPod ... humm you see i'm digging deeply lol

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I think you'll find it very difficult indeed to get anything from Apple. The most you could hope for is that someone before you has done the hard work.

You do realize that even if you are successful, that iPod isn't worth the effort, right? I know it's frustrating but that's the reality.

TROUIS

Joined Feb 26, 2021
i droped an email to COMPEQ the firm who manufactured the Board for Ipod (it is wirtten on the board with the serial number). They are in China, I know ... this isn't worth the effort ... if you heard something about that shematic or anyone in the world who did that please ping me I will be grateful ! have a great week end !