need help on superposition prob.

Earless

Joined Aug 23, 2007
Use superposition to obtain the voltage across each current source.

[/IMG]

I found the partial voltages v1 & v2 due to the 2A current source(shutting off the indep. voltage source), but i cant get the partial voltages due to the 3V voltage source(shutting of the indep. current source) can someone help!!

Earless

Joined Aug 23, 2007
What im asking is how do i find V1 and V2 if the circuit looked like this:

[/IMG]

Ive tried mesh and nodal analysis but keep getting the wrong answer, im confused on what to doo with the loop on the far left.

AlexK

Joined May 23, 2007
When using the superposition method you short circuit the independent
voltage sources and you CUTOFF the independent current sources.
Which means that you have an extra unneeded branch in the second circuit you showed.

pinnacle06

Joined Feb 9, 2007
When using the superposition method you short circuit the independent
voltage sources and you CUTOFF the independent current sources.
Which means that you have an extra unneeded branch in the second circuit you showed.
this is correct... the short you have drawn should be an open

Earless

Joined Aug 23, 2007
Is this how the circuit should look?

[/IMG]

When i try to do nodal analysis what do i do with the 3v source?How do i incorporate it in my nodal equations?

Earless

Joined Aug 23, 2007
V1=1.967V and V2= -.0246, the mistake i made was i thought the mesh current i was the same as the current thru the 5 ohm resistor, so my equations were wrong.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
V1=1.967V and V2= -.0246, the mistake i made was i thought the mesh current i was the same as the current thru the 5 ohm resistor, so my equations were wrong.
I don't get the values you calculated. Can you provide a scan of your handwritten calculations?

hgmjr