Need help identifying SMD component on this SBC

maxman190

Joined Dec 14, 2015
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9pssmriob7prlnz/20151214_180731.jpg?dl=0

Directly to the right of the 25.000 MHZ oscillator, you can see a noticeable burnt component (resistor I think?).
It's a Banana Pi M3, I was messing around with my multimeter on the GPIO pins (I was trying to determine if the GPIO pins for 5v and ground were in the same spot as Raspberry Pi, my negative multimeter probe was on pin 2 and my positive probe was on pin 6 and I think I accidentally touched pin 6 with pin 8 or pin 5, then I saw a spark on that now burnt component....) and accidentally shorted it out.... Is it possible to replace that part or it's completely dead?

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
sure you can replace any part..
To find out the specs on the part visit the banana pi website.. get the schematic and find the component shown attached to the 4th (or 1st) pin of the USB connector..

maxman190

Joined Dec 14, 2015

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I think your chances of successfully replacing a small component in a tight space are slim to none, assuming you can get a single replacement part and don't have to buy a whole reel.

maxman190

Joined Dec 14, 2015
Soooo... I'm guessing it's dead then? I should probably go ahead and cancel my order for soldering equipment and 0603 SMD components.... To be honest, kind of relieved because those stuff costed 80+ and the SBC was ~70...