Need Help for CMOS IC design (Microelectronics) Capstone-Thesis.

Jerryl

Joined Sep 16, 2015
Hello Guys!
I'm a senior electronics and communication engineering student. I am having a hard time to propose for an undergraduate project design (capstone) topic concentrating on CMOS IC design. If you have any ideas, please do help me. I have to pass my proposal before September ends. Thank you!

Russmax

Joined Sep 3, 2015
This deserves some sort of award, I think.

You're asking in the wrong place. Talk to your professors. They are in a far better position to help you than anyone here, because they know what the requirements are. A "CMOS IC design" could be anything from a microphone pre-amplifier to a multi-core microprocessor.

Jerryl

Joined Sep 16, 2015
This deserves some sort of award, I think.

You're asking in the wrong place. Talk to your professors. They are in a far better position to help you than anyone here, because they know what the requirements are. A "CMOS IC design" could be anything from a microphone pre-amplifier to a multi-core microprocessor.
I already did sir, I just want to ask someone who is practicing their profession on the industry.

Russmax

Joined Sep 3, 2015
If you've already talked to your professors, then there is probably a lot more detail you could give us about your project requirements.

Should it have any particular area of focus? Analog, Power Management, RF, Mixed Signal, DSP?
What is the complexity level that is expected? Simple amplifier, RF transceiver, a single ADC or DAC, a linear regulator, a switching regulator, a microprocessor, a simple collection of gates, or maybe some non-volatile memory cells. Who knows?

Is your IC process defined already, or is it open. Are you doing high voltage (> 5V), medium voltage (2.5V to 5V), or low voltage (1.8V or less)? Will it be a self-contained function, or do you want it to interface with, drive, or control something?

What aspects of the IC design classes that you've taken so far have been interesting to you, or you've been good at? We can't really pick for you because we don't know what your abilities are. We don't know what sort of project you would be able to accomplish.

Regards,