Need help finding power adapter

sayluv

Joined Jun 5, 2021
Hi-

I am trying to find a power adapter to our kids plastic Franklin ball pitching machine--they no longer offer a power adapter. I plugged in an adapter for our 3D printer and it was cranking balls out as fast as lighting and the machine started to smell.

The manual says it needs Input: AC 120V/60Hz/100mA, Output 6V/DC 800mA

I am not sure what the name for the end of the plus is but it looks like this: Plug End Looks Like This

Any help directing me to an adapter online from a vendor such as Amazon would be greatly appreciated. Thx!

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
There should be a label on the original power supply, what does it read? Sounds like your replacement was at a higher voltage supply...

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
If you are saying that the pitching machine manual specs the power supply @, Amazon.com : 6V/DC 800mA . Then, any power supply rated @ 6V 800mA (or greater amperage) is what you want. The pitching machine will only draw the amps that it needs to run so a higher rated supply amperage is fine. It will need to have the exact same connector but if unsure they make them with interchangeable connectors for just about anything.

sayluv

Joined Jun 5, 2021
Sorry I wasn't clear. It doesn't even come with an adapter.The printer adapter we were using says: Input AC100-240V~50-60Hz,2.0A Output:12V 7.0A--It worked very well other than it smell like something was burning up. Is that because it was 12 volts and not 6?

Yes, the pitching machine manual list these specs for the power supply: AC 120V/60Hz/100mA, Output 6V/DC 800mA

What does the input mean and what does the output mean?

thx

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Input means you plug it into a house 120VAC socket, and the outlet plug of the power supply is @ 6VDC with up to 800mA available. The power supply rectifies the 120V AC voltage into 6V DC voltage and has the capacity to provide 800mA max at its rated 6VDC. Yes, plugging the pitching machine into a 12VDC power supply may have burned it up (that was what you smelled) as that is twice the required voltage needed to run properly.

And Welcome to AAC!