Need Help Finding JWT Connector

KDoug

Joined Sep 9, 2018
IMG_3175.JPG IMG_3174.JPG Hi,

This is my first post and am very unfamiliar with electronic repairs.
I'm more into mechanical type repairs. But the area of understanding basic electronics does interest me, especially if it means I can fix my own stuff.

Anyways, I'm trying to repair a Dewalt DCS355 oscillating tool and I'm having trouble finding a part. I'm looking for a 20AWG connector that wires the battery terminals to the circuit board. The connector reads (T) 27A then above it has the number 1 and JWT. The wires to this connector originally were burnt out and wasn't sure if I had enough wire to make a new solder connection. So I attempted to pull on the connector thinking it was a two piece (male/female) connector and fatigued the pins so much they broke. Also, 20AWG wire is to big to fit through the holes in the board to solder them directly.

Attached are some photos.

Thanks for help in advance.

Attachments

KDoug

Joined Sep 9, 2018
No, the connector is all one piece. That's what I originally thought was on there, so I started pulling it and that's when I damaged it.

That style connector you have would work if I can find one with the correct pin spacing.

KDoug

Joined Sep 9, 2018
Correct, I measured it and it's closer to 2.6mm.

The dimensions of the connector are approximately: Height=3.4mm x Width= 5.9mm x Length= 6.7mm

Standards are 2.5 and 2.54mm (0.1 inches). If your plan is to order it online, the ones that I showed above are easily found on Digikey/Mouser. Honestly, I don't have info about the original one. I mean, I know it because I've seen it in many devices, but I don't know the part number.

KDoug

Joined Sep 9, 2018
Ok, what's my next best option if I can't find the part I need. I mean what else could I piece together to get my power tool running again.

Ok, what's my next best option if I can't find the part I need. I mean what else could I piece together to get my power tool running again.
It all depends on what you have available at the moment. If what you want is a solution right away and all you have is a soldering iron, I would try to solder the wires directly to board even if they don't get through holes, kind of surface soldering. Of course, must be careful in order to not short both pins. If you have time, you can order the parts and make a more delicated job.

KDoug

Joined Sep 9, 2018
Yea, I'm not in any hurry. I took it apart two weeks ago and have been looking for this part since then.

The problem I ran into was that I could never find a similar connector that had 20 AWG wire. All the ones I saw had smaller gauge wire.