Need help finding component information/datasheet

Raikani

Joined May 16, 2016
Hello everyone,

I recently happened across a giant pile of PCBs which I'm currently desoldering for components.
Now one board contained a component I'm not quite sure what it is..

IMG_0281.JPG IMG_0282.JPG

It reads:
ILX580M
807YLYK

Now I'm guessing it's some sort of IC but I haven't been able to find a datasheet for this item. Does anyone know what this is and what it does?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
My guess is that it is a CCD linear color scanner/imaging sensor.

It could be a scanner, bar code reader, or what ever else the board and associated optics were designed to do.

upload_2016-5-16_16-3-44.png

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Hello everyone,

I recently happened across a giant pile of PCBs which I'm currently desoldering for components.

View attachment 106231 View attachment 106232

It reads:
ILX580M
807YLYK

Now I'm guessing it's some sort of IC but I haven't been able to find a datasheet for this item. Does anyone know what this is and what it does?
Hello everyone,

View attachment 106231 View attachment 106232

It reads:
ILX580M
807YLYK

Looks like the CCD imaging device for a photocopier or flatbed scanner. It only has a single line of pixels because a moving thin strip mirror picks up the picture a line at a time and reflects it to the optics.

One of the photos shows Sony printed on the back, so it shouldn't be difficult to track down. Although those parts are probably obsolete - modern scanners use opto sensors directly on the moving bar that scans the page.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Looks like the CCD imaging device for a photocopier or flatbed scanner. It only has a single line of pixels because a moving thin strip mirror picks up the picture a line at a time and reflects it to the optics.

One of the photos shows Sony printed on the back, so it shouldn't be difficult to track down. Although those parts are probably obsolete - modern scanners use opto sensors directly on the moving bar that scans the page.
Modern Scanners might use different technology but the similar part from ON Semiconductor indicates it was new in 2014 and, according to their web page, CCD is still being developed to new levels. End application for their similar part is Machine Vision. Huge data transfer rates possible on multiple channels. Must expect the device to have a spinning mirror system to raster input like a laser printer rasters outputs.