Hi,
I am very new to this and not even sure where to start. I have been searching Google for a good forum to post to that will be helpful and answer my questions and well. Here I am. Hope I made the right choice.
Ok.
I am working on a project that consists of:
6 micro switches
1 Bi-Color Red - Green LED Dot Matrix
What I want to do is when switch 1 is selected it will make a number one light up in green the dot matrix LED. I will also have single wire that will send a 12v (havent decided if it was going to be - or + yet) at any given time. When that single wire is active I want that number 1 to change to red.
When switch 2 is pressed it will work the same way as number 1 but display a number 2 and when that single wire sends the 12V it will switch to a red number 2. I will need this to work all the way up to number 5. When switch 6 is pressed it will display an R.
Now if no switches are pressed I want it to display a Green N. It will also need to operate off of a 12V power supply. I will also need it to have another output that will light up another set of LEDS only when the 12V is sent from the other device.
So it will need:
6 inputs from switches
1 input from a 12v source
20 pin on the screen
What I think I need.
Some type of microcontroller a pc board and lots of help
I really dont know where to start and will accept any help provided. There is more to this project but this is where I'm starting.
I am very new to this and not even sure where to start. I have been searching Google for a good forum to post to that will be helpful and answer my questions and well. Here I am. Hope I made the right choice.
Ok.
I am working on a project that consists of:
6 micro switches
1 Bi-Color Red - Green LED Dot Matrix
What I want to do is when switch 1 is selected it will make a number one light up in green the dot matrix LED. I will also have single wire that will send a 12v (havent decided if it was going to be - or + yet) at any given time. When that single wire is active I want that number 1 to change to red.
When switch 2 is pressed it will work the same way as number 1 but display a number 2 and when that single wire sends the 12V it will switch to a red number 2. I will need this to work all the way up to number 5. When switch 6 is pressed it will display an R.
Now if no switches are pressed I want it to display a Green N. It will also need to operate off of a 12V power supply. I will also need it to have another output that will light up another set of LEDS only when the 12V is sent from the other device.
So it will need:
6 inputs from switches
1 input from a 12v source
20 pin on the screen
What I think I need.
Some type of microcontroller a pc board and lots of help
I really dont know where to start and will accept any help provided. There is more to this project but this is where I'm starting.