Need a Square root circuit

pawan_gupta

Joined Jul 17, 2004
Hii Friends,
I am new user on this great site. I need a square root circuit using MOS transisters. The input voltage very from 1 V to 3 V. If any body have any idea for this circuit, please let me know.
Thanx in advance.
Pawan

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
hi,

it's been quite a time nobody has replied to this post. maybe your post is not clear enough to be understood. pls. clarify what do you mean by a square root circuit. :unsure:

pawan_gupta

Joined Jul 17, 2004
Hiii Mozikluv,
I have got a square root circuit, which can give square root signal of input signal. But the problem is that, i have got square root signal which can vary from 100mV to 300mV, and i want to increase this signal from 1V to 3 V. So can you please suggest me which type of amplifier i should use. Since 100mV to 300mV can not open NMOS switch, that's why i can not use simple amplifier or OPAMP.
Thanx for your reply.

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
hi,

ok igot the idea. would you like to use a microvolt input op-amp. even if you use a regular op-amp it will amplify your 100mv to 300mv to any level that you want so it can drive whatever power transistor you will use.

pawan_gupta

Joined Jul 17, 2004
Hii,
I have got low voltage OP AMP by using PMOS instead NMOS. Thanx .
Now i have another problem. The problem is that i have a clock pulses. I need a hardware which can give me a high voltage (logic high, may be 5 volt) at the first rising edge of that clock pulse. That meanse output initally will be low but after first rising edge of clock it become high and remains high until power goes off.
If anybody have some idea about this, please let me know.