Need -15V from batteries, is an inverting buck converter a solution?

Danm1

Joined Jul 19, 2010
My application needs a +15 and -15V from a bank of 18650 batteries, the plus part is easy enough but the -15 is still a question.
I saw that someone had a circuit based on the LM2596 in thread 120213 but that is just down to -12 which is not enough.
It seems there are a lot of inverting buck inverter examples for -5.

Can anyone suggest a way to go to get -15?
Is there an example inverting buck converter circuit for this?

Attachments

Danm1

Joined Jul 19, 2010
Yes that is a nice part to try! Thanks!

I don't understand the description parameters completely, I will need some current out of it and it seems unclear what this can provide, it looks like it might be just 100ma which won't be enough. I think I will need at least 500ma maybe more.

Danm1

Joined Jul 19, 2010
Your suggestion was valuable because I see on ebay several similar inverting buck boards, there may be one with a bit more drive current in the -15 range.

If there were a circuit diagram with that MC34063A device then maybe I could simulate it with LTSpice.

Danm1

Joined Jul 19, 2010
I see on ebay a DROK Duel Output Micro Boost module(I guess the part number is sb24xxn), it can supply 660ma in the -15v range, which is great. This would do the job.
Unfortunately it does not seem to have a picture with the IC part number and I don't see circuit diagram.

I'm still hoping to find something like this with a circuit diagram. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Danm1

Joined Jul 19, 2010
Eric, Thanks for that link to a MC34063 Model!! I will save that! If I find a circuit diagram using this with the right specs then I'll go with it.

At this point however, I still would like to find more info on the DROK Micro Boost module, it seems perfect!!
Maybe I need to buy a few to experiment, perhaps the IC part number will be on the units I buy. Ultimately I would want a circuit diagram. If all goes well I will be building a number of these.