N Enhancement Logic mosfets

André Ferrato

Joined Apr 5, 2015
Yes, of course, these 10 pieces i sent the link is free shipping. Do you think the quality varies a lot, because i do not intend to use these mosfets in things that cannot fail(vital and stuff).

André Ferrato

Joined Apr 5, 2015
I see, but the only way for me to buy good stuff is to live in São Paulo, i could say that 80% of all good electronical shops are located there. In my city( It's like the second best city to live in Brazil and it's so hard to find electronical components), to find a mosfet, uuuh, too hard. I managed to find some IRFZ46N for another project, but it was a miracle. IC's ? I came into a shop, asked for a flip flop ic, the guy said that he didn't worked with that... so i asked to take a look at his ic's, he had A LOT of CD4013, a Dual D Rising edge Flip Flop, a very versatile ic. From now on i try to help the guy saying what each IC do.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I see, but the only way for me to buy good stuff is to live in São Paulo, i could say that 80% of all good electronical shops are located there. In my city( It's like the second best city to live in Brazil and it's so hard to find electronical components), to find a mosfet, uuuh, too hard. I managed to find some IRFZ46N for another project, but it was a miracle. IC's ? I came into a shop, asked for a flip flop ic, the guy said that he didn't worked with that... so i asked to take a look at his ic's, he had A LOT of CD4013, a Dual D Rising edge Flip Flop, a very versatile ic. From now on i try to help the guy saying what each IC do.
Digikey offers service to Brazil

http://www.digikey.com/us/en/international/global.html

image.jpg

André Ferrato

Joined Apr 5, 2015
Yes i don't said these companies doesn't offer services here. The problem is the shipping taxes, this only works for companies who ship a great number of components. For a hobbyist, a nightmare.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Oi André,

Calling Santos (the most frequent port of call in my 17 years at sea) I used to go and buy things in the so many shops along Rua Santa Ifigenia maybe not too far from where you live. There was also an alternative, Rua Republica do Líbano, no Río.

That was almost 25 years ago. Is not possible nowadays?

Engraçado, a primeira palavra em Português que ouvi na minha vida foi, "fechado", na Rua Cámara de Santos.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Yes i don't said these companies doesn't offer services here. The problem is the shipping taxes, this only works for companies who ship a great number of components. For a hobbyist, a nightmare.
Even with our recent changes on those matters, the Farnell's local representative still has a minimum of 50 USD for every single item, no matter what! Go figure. I had to forget buying from them some 3 years ago.

André Ferrato

Joined Apr 5, 2015
Ahahaha Yeees santa Ifigênia, the paradise i would say.. there is like SO MANY shops of electronics devices, components. But unfortunately it is in são Paulo, 500 Km from were i live. You would be surprised of the taxes you pay to go there, i live in são José do rio preto, to reach são Paulo there is 13 stops that you need to pay to keep going, this costs around 140 reais, maybe 35 dollars and the fuel to go.. 180 reais, 45 dollars. Things are so expensive here.. The times i went, my stepdad took me, and because he had business there. But yes there are things that i didnt even know it existed. Santos is 70km from são Paulo, after you reach SP, its his neighboor. Also the shipping tax from são Paulo to são José do rio preto is around 18 reais, 4.5 dollars, maybe in dollars is not a big deal, but 18 reais is a big quantity. With 18 reais i could buy 2 protoboards from eBay, with 18 reais here i could buy half a protoboard ahahha

André Ferrato

Joined Apr 5, 2015
And the sellers here think they are so smart. Everyone think they can fool people to get more money, but this is just a reflex of the governments we have, and the governments are the reflexes of what we are. Among us there are veeeeery nice people but also there are a lot of mean people, that you think they're nice and they arent. I dont know how to describe, but to live here, you need to grow smart really soon.

An example of a seller: An ultrasonic Arduíno sensor is like 4 reais in eBay and its a very good working sensor. Just because is oh an ultrasonic sensor.. The vendor thinks he can just take the price to 50 reais from a 4 reais device. Just because is a new tech( Around here of course).

Another example: Its been like 8 months that im looking for a shop that sells an LDO, there may be in santa Ifigênia, but thrse guys DONT havê a website or a catalog so you can look for and if you call them and ask for an LDO, he is going to say WHAT? Or i could possibly name every LDO and he would check his system and would probably have one. Sometimes brazil is so primitive.

André Ferrato

Joined Apr 5, 2015
I believe that if someone from the USA sends me a really small package, let's say... less than 15 dollars or 20 dollars and physically small, it would go through the customs( i believe this is the word for that package control institute) without taxes. Because i buy small packages everytime from china, ebay and they go nicely tax free.

I just don't know the about the taxes to send in the USA, because i don't know the politics around there.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Yes, but how much would pay to send a package to são Paulo?
Up to 16 oz is $7.10-17.50 for First Class Package (large envelope); value must be less than $400. A customs form is required, but I don't think there's a fee for that. Brazil is free to levy any surcharges they want.