N Enhancement Logic mosfets

André Ferrato

Joined Apr 5, 2015
Hello, i intend to buy a few of these little guys from china or ebay, as it takes like 2-3 months to reach my country i first buy them and after i bought i learn about them. Could someone point me to some nice pieces of hardware? Oooh and please TO-220 case, breadboard friendly.

André Ferrato

Joined Apr 5, 2015
Yes, the logic ones, that are fully on at only 5v. N channel enhancement, and it must be from ebay or aliexpress, that's why i need the name of the mosfet. I live in brazil.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
TO-220 case, breadboard friendly.
Not if you mean the plastic boards with holes to plug things into. They don't fit TO-220 leads because they are too fat. You will have to solder a bit of wire to each lead in order to get them to plug in without damaging the practice board.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Yes, the logic ones, that are fully on at only 5v. N channel enhancement, and it must be from ebay or aliexpress, that's why i need the name of the mosfet. I live in brazil.
OK, then I'd look into Digikey and Mouser, and see if I found the part on their site. If so, I'd go to eBay or Aliexpress, and look for the same part.

And @#12 has a valid point. If you have a thight new breadboard, you'll struggle, but if the board is well used and loose, then it might work. You might need a heatsink.

:)

André Ferrato

Joined Apr 5, 2015
Mine does, or it's already damaged :eek:, but nevertheless, that would suitable for my purposes. I have three breadboards, two of them are so tight, but one is like "made" for these packages.

I'm asking here because i get really lost through all that data. And you guys had more experience than me, so it's like asking a person the best route to a place.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
There are thousands of N-ch mosfets, even in the Logic Level type. We can guess that your voltage is less than 30V and the current in a breadboard is under 2 amps, but it would be nice to hear from you about that.

André Ferrato

Joined Apr 5, 2015
Oh sorry, i didn't knew that. Yes current is less than 2 amps and voltage is under 12v. I need one that is completelly on with 5v, but now i feel that my question envolves many variables.

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
Not if you mean the plastic boards with holes to plug things into. They don't fit TO-220 leads because they are too fat. You will have to solder a bit of wire to each lead in order to get them to plug in without damaging the practice board.
The trick to plugging TO-220 into a solderless breadboard is to give the leads a quarter twist before plugging them in.

Edit: Oops, again... finger was too fast and too clumsy-- meant quarter not half.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
The trick to plugging TO-220 into a solderless breadboard is to give the leads a quarter twist before plugging them in.

Edit: Oops, again... finger was too fast and too clumsy-- meant quarter not half.

I just push harder. I usually keep them on one end of the board reserved for such abuse.

André Ferrato

Joined Apr 5, 2015
Hmm, that's a good point to start, thanks a lot @#12 .

My breadboards usually fit almost everything, that's not a big deal for me. But, yes, sometimes i pick my pliers( i ain't sure thats the word for what i'm looking for) and pinch the pins, weakly.