My latest revelation

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
The importance of showing up

No amount of talent, intelligence, enthusiasm, or "anointing" will compensate for not showing up.

On the other hand, regularly showing up will take care of all the rest. Being there conquers all things.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
The importance of showing up

No amount of talent, intelligence, enthusiasm, or "anointing" will compensate for not showing up.

On the other hand, regularly showing up will take care of all the rest. Being there conquers all things.
It may be a necessary condition, but it is hardly sufficient.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Think about the legions of public high school students who graduate with a 3rd grade education. Maybe I meant 3rd rate education. Take your pick.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
It may be a necessary condition, but it is hardly sufficient.
Yes, it is not sufficient, although I wouldn't use the word hardly. I think KL7AJ has a point. Showing up demonstrates willingness, which is normally accompanied by perseverance, responsibility and reliability. All of them extremely important to any potential employer.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Surprisingly there are people who show up for opportunities under the mistaken impression that a body temperature of 98.6 ° is all that is required. This is especially true for public sector jobs and political appointments.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Surprisingly there are people who show up for opportunities under the mistaken impression that a body temperature of 98.6 ° is all that is required. This is especially true for public sector jobs and political appointments.
Those are called supervisors ... and they don't always show up