My first PCB

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I guess the raminator eh laminator thingy is put on hold. How about hi-jacking your wife iron and use the to laminate your vax paper layout, to your copper clad

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Start with temperatures somewhat over 100 degrees celsius. Use a blank paper sheet between the iron and the wax paper. So you do not contaminate the iron sole

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Whenever I use this method, I use max temp and all my weight. (And that's a lot.... NOT... 67Kg). A trick is like T06 says about the blank sheet of paper. This also prevents the wax paper to wander around when you're doing the ironing.

(BTW: That's not something I say a lot. "When I'm doing the ironing." Guess I should do it a bit more.)

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
It also helps to put a wooden dowel rod between the board and the table when using an iron. The dowel helps to concentrate the pressure. Put dowel on table - put board with art work taped to it on dowel - put hot iron on top of board and roll the board back and forth across table with the iron.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Iron is heating up......:D

Clad is cooking :D

What am I doing wrong ?

Should the surface of the clad be real real smooth ?

Last edited:

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
To much heat, to long. It looks like the fiberglass laminate has started to "bubble" due to the heat exposure. I told you not to use to much heat

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Crap !! Really.. and when did you said not to use too much heat.
That was the problem..I still dunno what is the temperature.

U know what..this is going to be trial and error run...

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Iron is heating up......:D

Clad is cooking :D

What am I doing wrong ?

Should the surface of the clad be real real smooth ?
Is the surface smooth before you begin? In the upper part of the clad, it seems like the traces are double. Maybe your wax paper has moved just a tiny bit while you were ironing...

Luckily you can make a new printout and just wash the board, and start again.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Crap !! Really.. and when did you said not to use too much heat. That was the problem..I still dunno what is the temperature

Start with temperatures somewhat over 100 degrees celsius. Use a blank paper sheet between the iron and the wax paper. So you do not contaminate the iron sole
In a casual way, ask your wife which setting she use for ironing silk. But be careful so she do not suspect you are up to some misdeed with her precious iron. Then select a setting somewhat lower. Many irons have dot markings for temperature ***,**, and *. If so select a setting slightly above one dot (*).

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Aaaah!! Silk setting... for how long?
Silk setting may be to hot, start with a setting lower than silk setting. For how long, not to long about the same time as a laminator would use on the board. And for goods shake use a clean white paper so the iron sole do not get dirty. Else your wife may find skid marks then ironing her white silk blouse :D. And you will have some explaining to do...:eek: