My first PCB

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I think if you added a 5K6 in series with the trimmer the adjustment range would still be adequate, with the advantages that the whole range of the trimmer would give safe output voltages, it would be more finely adjustable, and there would be less power used in the trimmer.
Silkscreening is difficult, I don't think many hobbyists do it.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Do you think I am a hobbyist ?

{ed}
Holy Crap, I should add another R in series with the trimmer or else :eek:,

Thanks Mark.

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Now that I got me some ferric's. I went on and got me some 5mm UV leds too.

Trying to make a box for the UV transfer thingy.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Been a while, no !....had a bit of a health issue here.

so now I got this

and I went and did this

:mad: Crap...I tore my first wax...bugger !!

Once again

So tell me before I do any thing stupid...how do I stick the wax on the clad.

I have super glue :D ???

{ed}
Kiddin ......now for the Raminator....stay tuned...

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009

I did let it heat up..
Did measure the temp, it was around 90°C.

what I did not expect was the friggin thickness...:eek:!!

Oh well !!

Umm!! how much should be the transfer temperature ?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
You are trying to conserve the wax paper, which is a mistake. Leave lots of paper on the edges, and wrap it around the front of the PCB, the part that goes into the laminator first. You don't even need to tape it. After the first pass it will stick, you need around 6-10 passes, maybe less if your laminator is hot enough and the PCB thickness is small.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
The surface is scuffed Sarge, thanks.

The clad does not go in quietly u know. I have to push it in.
See the Pics, I think I broke it. The gear tooth's are chipped.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I've always wondered how hard it would be to make replacement gears out of other materials, such as 2 ton epoxy.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I got to make a gear some how....

Wonder if I would get some in my junk!!

It was like t06 said. I ramed it into the raminator. but Alas, it could not take it once..

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
@R!f@@ - Looks like only the main(white) gear is damaged. And that there is a set screw holding it to the shaft. If you take the white gear off of the shaft and file away the damaged part of the teeth, you could then put the gear back on and align it so the three gears are making contact the full width of the teeth. Worth a try.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Is there any way to move the rollers further apart to take the pressure off a bit?
It looks like there might be bolts under the black gears.

upand_at_them

Joined May 15, 2010
@R!f@@ - Looks like only the main(white) gear is damaged. And that there is a set screw holding it to the shaft. If you take the white gear off of the shaft and file away the damaged part of the teeth, you could then put the gear back on and align it so the three gears are making contact the full width of the teeth. Worth a try.
It looks like more than just the one side of the gear is damaged. At about 10 o'clock from the hub side of the white gear it looks like one of the teeth is almost completely gone.