Mutual Respect

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Just a vote for a culture of mutual respect among regulars. Of course we can’t all get along, but imputing ill will or bad motives to people who we see posting many different things everyday, and regularly helping each other and new folks, is just counterproductive. You can dislike or disagree with a something but unless it is going to make things better to post on the thread, please, just move on.

The same is true for technical errors. If you see someone who you know by long observation is competent and has demonstrated an ability to make positive contributions, please don’t let personal dislike drive you to jump on a mistake as an opportunity to “get” them. If you can point out an error in a kind way, be helpful, otherwise move on.

The foregoing is my own opinion, it doesn’t target anyone in particular, and it isn’t meant as a rebuke to anyone. I have just spent so much of my life in Internet communities that lose good folks to drama for no real reason I feel compelled to bring this up in case if can help at all in not having it happen again.

I am here to enjoy myself, I think that’s true of you too. People here have an urge to help, and I really enjoy you guys. Good culture is everything and the one here is very good. This is just a reminder, to myself as well, that someone on the Internet being wrong isn’t important in the grand scheme, people are.

Last edited:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Just as with sending email, think twice and perhaps take a timeout before clicking the Post Reply button.

Often times I have to take pause and remind myself that this is not important and my opinion is not going to matter or change things.

Never hit Reply while the adrenaline is flowing.

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Often times I have to take pause and remind myself that this is not important and my opinion is not going to matter or change things.
Your opinion does matter and it already has changed things I'm proof of that, the manner in which you conduct yourself at AAC has shown me that we're not primarily put on this Earth to see through one another but to see one another through, so thank you for that ,

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Your opinion does matter and it already has changed things I'm proof of that, the manner in which you conduct yourself at AAC has shown me that we're not primarily put on this Earth to see through one another but to see one another through, so thank you for that ,
I like that.

Life is a journey, not a goal.
On my journey I will strive to help others along the way who need help on their journey.