Multisim; Same amplifiers different results

abdulwahab.hajar

Joined Jun 14, 2016
Hello everyone
I highly appreciate all the help

So something is really bothering me here, I have two exact same circuits on multisim but their outputs are different.
Here take a look.

Why is this happening, how can I fix it?

and thanks

Attachments

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
A 741 will not operate properly with a single 5V supply.
Read the data sheet.

(Whats with all the upside-down ground symbols?)

abdulwahab.hajar

Joined Jun 14, 2016
Actually the data sheet states that it works fine with single and dual power supplies.
However somebody told me that instead of using a 5V supply I should use a Vcc.
and instead of a ground for the -Vcc I shoud use a Vdd.

Why is that so??

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Sure it's right here i've uploaded it.
But either way is Vcc different than a normal DC power supply?
Vcc is indeed a DC voltage, but it can't be any arbitrary voltage you select, such as 5V.

Here is the part of the data sheet you should be observing:
Note that the minimum recommended operating voltages are ±10V (pins V+ and V-).
upload_2016-12-21_19-54-23.png

abdulwahab.hajar

Joined Jun 14, 2016
Vcc is indeed a DC voltage, but it can't be any arbitrary voltage you select, such as 5V.

Here is the part of the data sheet you should be observing:
Note that the minimum recommended operating voltages are ±10V (pins V+ and V-).
View attachment 117297
Thank you sir noted.
But would that mean the minimum voltage difference between +ve supply and negative supply is 10V - (-10V) = 20V
Or would it be possible for me to use an 10V for the +ve supply and a 0V for the negative.
On my last post you recommended that I use a single supply opamp what would that mean exactly??

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Thank you sir noted.
But would that mean the minimum voltage difference between +ve supply and negative supply is 10V - (-10V) = 20V
Or would it be possible for me to use an 10V for the +ve supply and a 0V for the negative.
On my last post you recommended that I use a single supply opamp what would that mean exactly??
Yes, it should have 20V minimum across it.
It may operate with a single voltage of 10V but it's not guaranteed to operate at that voltage and the input and output cannot go to ground.

A single supply op amp will operate with its input and output at the negative supply (ground) voltage.
An LM324 is a common example of such an amp.

The 741 will not operate under those conditions. It's input and output can only go to within about 2-3v of the negative supply (or 2-3V above ground if the negative supply is ground).
This, from the 741 data sheet, shows that input limit for a supply voltage of ±15V.
upload_2016-12-22_9-45-16.png

abdulwahab.hajar

Joined Jun 14, 2016
Yes, it should have 20V minimum across it.
It may operate with a single voltage of 10V but it's not guaranteed to operate at that voltage and the input and output cannot go to ground.

A single supply op amp will operate with its input and output at the negative supply (ground) voltage.
An LM324 is a common example of such an amp.

The 741 will not operate under those conditions. It's input and output can only go to within about 2-3v of the negative supply (or 2-3V above ground if the negative supply is ground).
This, from the 741 data sheet, shows that input limit for a supply voltage of ±15V.
View attachment 117348
Awesome, many Thanks.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
The national datasheet shows the large signal output voltages at ±5 , ±10 and ±15 Volts:
So it is specified to work with a voltage as low as 10V across it.
The TI data sheet didn't show that.
But the inputs and outputs still should be no closer than about 3V to either rail voltage.