multisim half bridge weird

trie23

Joined Feb 14, 2018
pls help with multisim. there something weird while im made circuit bellow. this half bridge rectifier should gave me dc waveform. i did some other arrangement but result always ac waveform. anyone have situation similar?

Attachments

Doros

Joined Dec 17, 2013
Hello trie23

link the nodes A & B with a capacitor.

To avoid spikes use another type of diode. (according to multisim, not real life)

hope it helped

doros

Attachments

trie23

Joined Feb 14, 2018
D2. both terminals connected to ground ? Its not in the
circuit.

Regards, Dana.
i can do other arrangement, another end of ac supply connect to ground. why still there is negaive bias? if that is the back emf came out of primary winding transformator then it should blocked by both of diode

Attachments

trie23

Joined Feb 14, 2018
Hello trie23

link the nodes A & B with a capacitor.

To avoid spikes use another type of diode. (according to multisim, not real life)

hope it helped

doros
i did your suggestion it has no different result. it should be simple

trie23

Joined Feb 14, 2018
Two diodes requires a center tapped transformer.

View attachment 151796

Regards, Dana.
Two diodes requires a center tapped transformer.

View attachment 151796

Regards, Dana.
this arrangement work,but in my case lets assume on primary side of transformer is inverter push only half wave. in your schematic the rectifier on secondary side, i want to analyzing power output for how much amps in half cycle directly according this site http://www.physics-and-radio-electr...and-circuits/rectifier/halfwaverectifier.html

ebp

Joined Feb 8, 2018
The load impedance is infinite. Of course it doesn't show you what you think you should expect. Presumably the transformer is also an "ideal" model.

You also need to learn to set the oscilloscope and simulation to display at decent resolution. Displaying 20 cycles and at 1/5 of the screen height just obscures details.

Doros

Joined Dec 17, 2013
i did use capacitor. i remove it because there is no different result. Doros, what version multisim you use?
Multisim 13.0. Let me do it with a real oscilloscope, transformer, and function generator, during the weekend and I will come back

trie23

Joined Feb 14, 2018
The load impedance is infinite. Of course it doesn't show you what you think you should expect. Presumably the transformer is also an "ideal" model.

You also need to learn to set the oscilloscope and simulation to display at decent resolution. Displaying 20 cycles and at 1/5 of the screen height just obscures details.
this getting more interesting look the osciloscope result, why there is negative bias? i set transformer resistance for 5 ohm. every cycle has same wide between positive period and negative period. breakdown voltage you say?

Attachments

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Pushing rectified voltage into a transformer is going to result in the transformer saturating, actinglike a short and either overloading your supply or tripping a breaker.
Forget about putting half-wave rectified voltage into a transformer.

trie23

Joined Feb 14, 2018
Pushing rectified voltage into a transformer is going to result in the transformer saturating, actinglike a short and either overloading your supply or tripping a breaker.
Forget about putting half-wave rectified voltage into a transformer.
im about make video experiment for beginners, i want to giving lecture some basic electrical components how it act, characteristic,etc...then what your suggestion?