Multiple power output regulator board (??)

cxntaur

Joined Apr 19, 2018
Hey!
I'm doing a project that has multiple different modules that all require different voltages. I'm looking for some sort of
circuit/module that takes one power input and has multiple outputs that can all be regulated.
I'm new to this kinda stuff and I'm not very good with terminology.
It would be nice if someone could link me a solution or give me an alternative :)
Thanks in advance

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
It is not likely that you will receive any serious responses with that amount of information.

What is the input voltage? Is it AC or DC?
What are the various output voltages and current you desire? List ALL.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Do you want to construct circuits, of just connect pre-assembled modules? Depending on your actual (top secret) requirements, this could be an all-ebay project.

ak

cxntaur

Joined Apr 19, 2018
It is not likely that you will receive any serious responses with that amount of information.

What is the input voltage? Is it AC or DC?
What are the various output voltages and current you desire? List ALL.

Outputs would be:
12-24v DC
9v DC
9v DC
5v DC
I might be missing one, but it would be one high voltage output and 3-4 lower ones.

I'm doing a speaker project, but I have built one before, this one is more complicated. Yes, all parts excluding the crossover have either been or will be purchased on ebay.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Not there yet.

Show the current draw for each voltage.

Also, draw a block diagram of what is connected to each voltage. Tell us more of your "top secret" project.
Without this additional information, it would not be much point in pursuing this any further.

cxntaur

Joined Apr 19, 2018
So in short:

Need power inputs for a distortion effect module, BlueTooth receiver, amplifier module, Treble and Bass control module. The input for the power needed is still unknown, but somewhere in between the power input and output to the different modules there would need to be something to distribute the power to the different places. That's all that needs power, the other modules are audio switches, crossovers, speaker drivers, power switches and so on.

Attachments

cxntaur

Joined Apr 19, 2018
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DC-DC-C...170698&hash=item213057e108:g:ar8AAOSwAHtZ6a4h

A number of these, each set to the required voltage.
There are a few ways to go. Linear regs may work better noise wise but I'd try the above.
The max input volts of these is 23V but there are others that go higher.

Thanks for the link!
How would I connect these two the one input? I'm assuming I would take however many modules I require but in what way would I connect the inputs for them?

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
PowerSupplies.jpg
Something like this.
You could run a number of things off the one supply at the same volts
BUT, make sure they are all -ve to common. Otherwise, you will need an isolated supply.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
For a test, hook them all up with audio leads, but no power, and measure that the -ve battery connections are all connected together. Some older units have +ve to common, and some switch the -ve lead. It could get a bit complicated.