Multiple Motor Control - Forward & Reverse

MikeClegg

Joined Dec 16, 2014
Hi Everyone

I have been reading here for a while, this is my first post in a while.
Please have a look at the attached.
If you can imagine I turn it 'on' and it goes through a logic process, whereby the first motor starts until a pressure switch activates the second motor and cuts the first, following until a second pressure switch activates the third and cuts the second until the last pressure switch activates, therein ending the whole process.
What is needed to then turn close an 'off' switch and have the whole process work in reverse (3rd motor, then 2nd, then first).
I am really basic and new to this stuff, and cant figure it out. If you have any suggestions, please could you make them in simple terms or at least something I can google to get an hang on it.

Any suggestions?
Please ignore the DPDT switches and the ground going through them for each motor, this is a left-over from an idea I tried.

Thanks for your time and look forward to your advice.

Attachments

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Hi Everyone

I have been reading here for a while, this is my first post in a while.
Please have a look at the attached.
If you can imagine I turn it 'on' and it goes through a logic process, whereby the first motor starts until a pressure switch activates the second motor and cuts the first, following until a second pressure switch activates the third and cuts the second until the last pressure switch activates, therein ending the whole process.
What is needed to then turn close an 'off' switch and have the whole process work in reverse (3rd motor, then 2nd, then first).
I am really basic and new to this stuff, and cant figure it out. If you have any suggestions, please could you make them in simple terms or at least something I can google to get an hang on it.

Any suggestions?
Please ignore the DPDT switches and the ground going through them for each motor, this is a left-over from an idea I tried.

Thanks for your time and look forward to your advice.
What actuates the pressure switches? Are they limit switches on the mechanisms powered by the motors? When the first cycle is complete for all three motors, do you want to run them in reverse?

MikeClegg

Joined Dec 16, 2014
KeithWalker, yes, correct. The ‘motors’ I am looking at will likely just be actuators which get to a point and trigger the pressure switch with what they are moving.

The entire process will take three actions from a total of three actuators.
Then the entire process needs to run in reverse to get it back to its native ‘state’.

Thanks

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
KeithWalker, yes, correct. The ‘motors’ I am looking at will likely just be actuators which get to a point and trigger the pressure switch with what they are moving.

The entire process will take three actions from a total of three actuators.
Then the entire process needs to run in reverse to get it back to its native ‘state’.

Thanks
You will need to use a latching relay with double pole/double throw contacts to reverse the direction of the voltage. It will be set with the forward limit switch on actuator 3 and reset with the reverse limit switch on actuator 1. You will also need another set of limit switches on the other ends of the actuators, wired in the reverse of the existing contacts.