The Devils Carnival
The pursuit of happiness
The court jester and inspector general
(Sorry old Danny Kay movies)
Smokin Aces both of them
Old Oliver twist movie
The Gangs of New York..
Fight Club
( If you where to die today ,how would you feel about your life? By Tyler)

boatsman

Joined Jan 17, 2008
Kind Hearts and Coronets - Alec Guinness is superb as eight different characters - worth watching. Other worthwhile comedies The Lavender Hill Mob (1951) The Card (1952) (known as The Promoter in USA) The Ladykillers (1955)

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Mhhh... I see that a New Year has meant a New Avatar for some of us... nice to know that change is being embraced in this place

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Last night I saw three people presenting some, "security theater" on TV. They spent what seemed like hours painting Apple as un-American for "refusing" to generate a key to break the password in an iPhone. The topic of this Thread is, movies that make you smile. Well, it wasn't a movie, but I laughed out loud at the ignorance of the people who believe that power alone will intimidate the impossible into being possible.

boatsman

Joined Jan 17, 2008
According to Wiki; Emil Jannings was not the first to be awarded the Oscar for the best actor. Rin Tin Tin, a German shepherd dog was voted best actor, but the awards committee thought it not quite right to give the award to a dog in place of a human.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
According to Wiki; Emil Jannings was not the first to be awarded the Oscar for the best actor. Rin Tin Tin, a German shepherd dog was voted best actor, but the awards committee thought it not quite right to give the award to a dog in place of a human.
That's also what the article I posted said.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
"Galaxy Quest" is perhaps my favorite movie. If I'm in a grumpy mood, I'll pop the DVD in the player and I'll be smiling in no time. It was voted 'the 7th best Star Trek movie' even though nothing in the movie directly references anything Star Trek. If you like humor and scifi, watch this movie.