Joined Apr 24, 2011
Young Frankenstein
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
Field of Dreams
Ocean's Eleven
(very incomplete list)

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I don't know why, but Stupid humor movies make me laugh. Dumb and dumber was great; watched that more times than I can count when I was younger, but last time I watched it didn't make me laugh.

Movies from recent memory (last 5 years?) that stand out as having made me nearly piss myself laughing include : Borat, Idiocracy, and Napoleon Dynamite.

Movies that just made me smile, were the kid's movies: Book of Life and Big Hero 6

Well the following are not movies per se

The Wild Wild West (Original TV series)
Are You Being Served? and Grace And Favour TV Series

Best regards
HP

Last edited:

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Merry Chrismas AAC. Been awhile.

Since "Star Wars" is the "Christmas time movie" I haven't seen, yet. Because, I couldn't seem to talk anyone into sitting through a three hour movie. So, my son in-law bit the bullet and we are going if I can find seats today.

My guess is I'll like it, I'll throw "Star Wars" in the pot since no one else has.

kv

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Yes Prime Minister
Too much like reality!
I guess it depends on whether your funny bone is bent that way.
I have so much difficulty interpreting the (British) mode of speaking and the political-ese of that show that I don't have enough brain cells left to laugh at the parody content.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I used to work in a warehouse, and we all watched Space Balls. Whenever we were searching for any item, and someone would ask if we found it, we'd always reply, "We aint' seen sh**!"
:)
Never underestimate the power of the Schwartz!

Dark Helmet: Before you die there is something you should know about us, Lone Star.
Lone Starr: What?
Dark Helmet: I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.
Lone Starr: What's that make us?
Dark Helmet: Absolutely nothing!

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Shouldn't you be wiggling a refrigerator away from a wall right now?:rolleyes:

Naw. Better to wait for Monday when you can buy a new fan motor.;)
Yeah... but right now I'm at a big, fat, family Christmas celebration (about a hundred people)... so the fridge's gonna have to wait ;)

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Yesterday I saw "The Last Castle". A prison movie with Robert Redford. I liked it. Now we're just finished with "The Breed". An OK movie. GF jumped i the sofa a few times, and had a toilette break. :D