Moved to South Yorkshire

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Im now UK based.
The system is more compatible to small business, the accent is more comprehensible towards me and ties to Germany are not as much. Actually.

Besides that in Ireland the economy depends a lot on Tourism and sales of alcohol, personally I like the dark Guinness beer, had a last and final can some days ago and tastes almost as lemonade (to me). But the strong culture of public houses are not my cup. Alcohol doesnt do it for me tough Im well able to drink.

Here in this city theres a long tradition of coal mining steel melting and forging, so, attitudes are different. Also it has many international students. Its a completely different system. I liked Ireland by many accounts but found theres fundamental incompatibilities and on top of that, silly misunderstandings occured.

Dont believe- google Dublin overcrowded. There was such a case 70 people crammed into a villa! I saw the place myself.
The main reason for the move was expanding would be too expensive, the attitude is not there from the sides of authorities, and attitude towards certain kinds of work is different. DIY like very common in the United States is almost looked at!

What really turned me off (I dont want to be inpolite) was the chatterboxing call it talking behind peoples back, often by individuals who dont have produced a single sales record in their whole life and dont do any measureable work (theres no product and no stats). Its a chargeable offense in some countries and Id advise any of these, to consider what I proclaim myself, what Im upto and what Im supposed to be. Talk about talk and think about something years ago, does it make a sale? It doesnt.

Mind your own stats before you do anything else + become more upstat.

Besides we have a creepy hotel, derelict, Im not far from the place but wouldnt go near it, so to say. It was in the news just recently and not in a good way.

How about Richard Pillager? He says, Its like cooking. And hes right about that. What you eat, how and if youd be able to prepare an appealing meal yourself, says a lot about you. Problem solving and getting things done, in my experience, often is like cooking.

And how about Apple? The chat he had with Shinzo Abe caused some political consequences. The message I was told is, basically the japanese dont want immigration at all. I have shelved plans to relocate there. UK is difficult enough + interesting enough as such. Apple isnt for me tough there will always be people attracted by populism, queuing up for the latest model. Lenovo tablet does all the jobs for me + theres no delays. Upgraded to a larger one. What puzzled me was the rollout of Applepay such as if it would be needed at all - we have contactless card payments for years. Its like a replacement for a bank account? If you dont fit their culture and values your account will be frozen? I received such spoof messages tough I never had any account.

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Im now UK based.

personally I like the dark Guinness beer, had a last and final can some days ago and tastes almost as lemonade (to me). But the strong culture of public houses are not my cup. Alcohol doesnt do it for me tough Im well able to drink.

You will have to change your Location settings!
It was always my understanding that drinking was compulsory in Ireland!:p
Max.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I went to Dublin recently and I'm not sure I could afford to drink! ;)
Theres cheap and not so cheap avenues to get drunk. My favourites are the dark Guinness beer and black Jamaica rum, theres one commonly available brand called "Sea Dog" and its quite good stuff never got a hangover. Whiskey on the other hand if you approach half a bottle would give you a terrible headache. Mostly due to fusel oils.

Generally speaking you shouldnt drink any alcohol and especially not drink + drive. Enjoy responsibly + bin the remains as well.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Its a new life definitely. I have more space avail + a fully equipped kitchen. Added a new toaster and deep fryer (from a skip) so far + starting up plants, as many as never before in my life. People here are friendly and easygoing, getting along well so far.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I'm switching to GBP currently now today I bought a new laser printer Samsung, compared to the brother printer I've been using it works with Windows 10 and readily eats refill pad paper. The brother printer also needed to insert each page manually in recent months and would jam often.

Easier.

Now I can print postage and address onto one label and pay without currency conversion or just one time converting from USD.

So I can save a few percents and can use up all the refill pads and can easily get new refill pads don't need to search for laser paper and make a journey to a shop that has it.

Today I used my UK phone as hotspot for the tablet while making a tram journey!
I have broadband where I live but the WiFi box I used is sim locked, worthless piece of technology.

Endless war with technology today won a battle. The new Samsung printer is behaving well + works. Solid high quality cardboard box, I'm using it in the kitchen have put the microwave on top of it and cooking supplies in the box under the microwave besides gas cooking available it's more suitable than a low power microwave.

Oh I should mention the Hitachi mini stereo found in a skip the cd player doesn't work but MP3 via usb stick and tuner do.

Last edited: