mouser moves on swift feet

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I placed an order with mouser last night. I picked the ups ground (cheapest option) and it is scheduled for delivery this evening. this will be 3 out of 3 times I ordered from mouser, with deliveries <24hr from the time I ordered.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Same here. I've commented on it elsewhere. Wonder how far you have to go to up it to past 24 hours? Prices are good too.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
hmm, you're from texas, I'm from texas. I checked the departure place and it's stafford, TX about 2 miles from my house. that might explain it. other members might not experience the same as I do.

EDIT, I was reading the list backwards. It was most recently in stafford, but originated in Fort Worth, up there by you.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Last I checked it is in Mansfield, just below Dallas. It is almost, but not quite, in the Dallas Metroplex, or maybe Ft. Worth. This is the corporate head quarters. This map shows my location vs. theirs. I put it at approximately 35-40 miles.

Wonder if they have small satellite outlets? I suspect not.

Attachments

Last edited:

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Here's the tracking info:

I clicked the confirm button about 5PM, so they had it out the door and on the truck in <4.5hrs. Then UPS took over and hustled down here overnight.

Attachments

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Hm, I lived in mansfield for a brief while, when I was a kid. Actually we hopscotched around that area. Lived in the Colony (for the longest), Lewisville, Plano, flowermound, and grand prairie. I got a ticket last time I drove through ferris.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
If Bill wanted to take a little ride, he could have drove down and picked up the part. Mouser is less than an hour from him.

I got my parts the next day in western oklahoma (western part of the panhandle). I think it was two days when I was in Michigan.

I like Mouser. The days of the 3/8 inch catalog are long gone.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Heh, fraid not, they sent me one after my first order. And it was about 3" thick. I wound up throwing it away. This after I clicked the opt out.

I love the internet.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I must disagree. I can always find stuff in the paper catalog that I can't find with the online search engine.

If you get along with the search engine, fine, but I have never made friends with it.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I must disagree. I can always find stuff in the paper catalog that I can't find with the online search engine.
Mouser's search function works quite well. Links to manufacturer specifications and their own catalog.

I also liked Digikey's internet interface.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008

If you get along with the search engine, fine, but I have never made friends with it.
Next time I order I'll mention you want a catalog. I don't think they make fliers (good news!).

RiJoRI

Joined Aug 15, 2007
I like the Mouser catalog! I have a comfy chair that tips to the right. The catalog is thick enough to keep the chair from trying to tip!

I also find catalogs good for browsing, and for ummm, the "outhouse," and for starting a fire in the fireplace.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Just to clarify, once you find a part on the website, the datasheets are sooo convenient.
But I have actually found a part in the paper catalog, tried to find it with the search engine, and failed! The filters are poorly written, the categorys are vague in some instances, and I regularly find myself at a dead end. Just a few days ago, I found TVS's in the paper catalog quicker than I could find them on the website.

If you find a part in the paper catalog, you can type in the part number and get all the info, even if the search engine just got done telling you they don't have that part, likely because it is filed in the wrong category or, for instance, is listed as using 5VDC instead of 5V. Thousands of little problems like that exist, probably because the person typing in the description isn't an electronics nerd.

I already get the paper catalog, Bill, but thanks for offering. My mailbox is mounted on a 2 1/2 inch water pipe buried in concrete 30 inches deep, so it won't fall over like Strantors mailbox. When the catalogs are outdated, they make a fairly good bullet catcher for anything smaller than .30 calibre, and after that, they make a good doorstop.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
When the catalogs are outdated, they make a fairly good bullet catcher for anything smaller than .30 calibre
Really? anything below .30? Well, I think I'll strategically place the mouser catalog between me and my neighbor's dog and shoot it with a .22-250 or .270WIN
hey, #12 said it was safe, that's what I'll tell em.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
What has me amazed is my China EBay orders. I'm getting 8-9 day deliveries from China when using their standard free shipping.

First order thru was for 10 crystals for a grand total of $1.99; 9 days later they appeared in my mailbox.