Model Rocket Continuity Check on 6 pyros

MycheeryKid

Joined Feb 20, 2023
Hello, I am trying to make a Multy purpose Microcontroller for my Model rocket/Launchpad and can be used for a Drone and ++

I am focused now on the Pyros and would like to test the Continuity. I am very Newby so I am learning as I go. A friend Shared His design and I made some modifications to add more functionality(kind of Overdoing it a Bit) I am Learning a lot. So in my Quest of Overdoing it, I am running out of PINs to use. So from what I have read and understood so far, you need 1 pin to send 3 or 5v to test. but I do not understand how to do that.

Is there a way I can test the 6 pyros individually and use only 1 pin of my teensy(where I would receive The Pyro ID and its status)? Did I read the Word a Comparator(A comparator such as a LM393 or LM339 would work nicely.)? But have no idea how to use it.

Here is My Pyros Diagram.
Screen Shot 2023-02-20 at 4.27.25 PM.png

Thanks
MyCheeryKid

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
There are several published circuits for electronic rocket firing devices. A Google search should find them and you may find them helpful. Also, none of them require a microcontroller. They include arming, testing and firing functions. Their testing circuits may answer your question.

I’d find a link for you, but I’m falling asleep in my recliner and am going to bed soon.

MycheeryKid

Joined Feb 20, 2023
Thank you for responding. After thinking about it, my needs for the pyros are for Parashut eject charge. I will be using 1 primary and a backup. The rocket motor will be ignited by the Ground Station and not the rocket computer.

I have an AUX port on the board I will be using that to expand the Board possibility to a ground station with all the safety features.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Is there a way I can test the 6 pyros individually and use only 1 pin of my teensy(where I would receive The Pyro ID and its status)?
Define more clearly what you mean by "status"? What are the possible states and how are you sensing the state? So far, I only see a Mosfet connected (I assume) to a microcontroller pin to derive the base pin.