Microstrip Filter Design

Antonio

Joined May 29, 2007
Hi All,

Can you tell me how to find out the tapped point and tapped length in a Edge coupled tapped line filter design?

I am trying to design a band pass filter using Edge coupled tapped line structure.

The inputs I have are impedances, Er, substrate information. I am not able to find out the way to calculate tapped point and tapped length using all these inputs.

Is there any way to find out the tapped length and tapped point using ADS tool? If it is then how?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
There is a freeware package called AppCAD from Hewlett Packard that may be of some assistance to you. If not then I think you may be in for the spending of Big Bucks!

Antonio

Joined May 29, 2007
I have the AppCAD package.... With this tool we can only find length and width for simple microstrip lines and not for coupled lines... For coupled lines I am using ADS software. But still in ADS I did not get any method to find out the tap point and tap length. May be I am missing something.:confused:

If any one knows that if it is possible to get this information using ADS software then please share it with me.:(:(

Is there any other tool available which can help me in this??

Is there any book which can give me detail explanation for calculating tap point and tap length in case of Edge coupled tapped line filters???

Please help me....:(

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
We're mostly hobbyists and tinkerers here so you may have just blown by anything that we know anything about. I'm pretty sure that RF design tools are well outside the budget of 98% of the folks here including myself. Maybe there is some help in one of the Matlab toolkits. They have some good stuff, but they are pricey.