Microcontrollor on

dexter

Joined Apr 16, 2007
Hi Folks,

I'm trying to learn about microcontrollors, I am more or less completely new to this, what i am hoping to do is learn the basics of the 8051, what i would like is to have a freeware or demo version of keil (just because i heard of it before) and make up a board my self with a 4 wire rs232 connector to interface with my PC for programming, one idea I had was to make up a board on vero board (that breadboard stuff) using all through hole components like the micro and some simple periherals to get going, any suggestions for a DIL micro that would capture the functionality of the 8051, or any helpful schematics/links,

All comments welcome,
Thanks,
D

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hi Folks,

I'm trying to learn about microcontrollors, I am more or less completely new to this, what i am hoping to do is learn the basics of the 8051, what i would like is to have a freeware or demo version of keil (just because i heard of it before) and make up a board my self with a 4 wire rs232 connector to interface with my PC for programming, one idea I had was to make up a board on vero board (that breadboard stuff) using all through hole components like the micro and some simple periherals to get going, any suggestions for a DIL micro that would capture the functionality of the 8051, or any helpful schematics/links,

All comments welcome,
Thanks,
D
Can I bring to you attention sci-3d's site dedicated to all things 8051.

Dave