Me vs the bee!

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
Hi All!

A bee has just bitten my left hand right on my vein...
It hurts and the vein is a bit swollen now...and I don't know what to do!

What should I do!? Please tell me...I can't focus on ada thingz now...

Thanks!

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Put some bicarbonate on it.

Or any other alkali.

Bee stings are acidic and so the alkali should neutralise it a bit.

If it still hurts after a while, it might be best to see your doctor.

Sparky.

P.S. Wasp stings are alkali, so if it was a wasp, put some vinegar on it. Jut be sure not to put vinegar on a bee sting or bicarbonate on a wasp sting - it'll hurt like CRAAAZY!!!:eek:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I don't know about bee stings, but many stings respond to a very light about amount of Clorox bleach. Things like scorpions or ants, it tends to suck the poison out and neutralize it. Use much less than a drop, the point is just to wet the wound. The poison will foam as it is pulled out, and the sting will heal much faster. Something my Mom showed me.

The sting has to be fresh for it to work though.

If you are allergic you may need to go to the hospital. Many people have a anaphylactic reaction, which can be deadly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaphylaxis

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
My chemistry is weak in some areas, but a bleach is something different. It is an oxidizer among other things.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Find some tweezers and pull out the stinger. Watch the swelling. If your allergic to bee stings you'll know pretty quick. If the swelling starts to spread and the red mark is bigger then a half dollar and growing. Seek emergency care. Otherwise nothing. Onlything to worry about is being alergic.

As for something you can put on it to make it not hurt. Try viniger - this works with burns. Urine (I think its the ammonia?) - We use this for stingrays and jellyfish. Don't laugh but its not uncommon to see 5 guys on the beach peeing on a girls foot or leg. I've done it once, seen it about 3-4 times.

Last edited:

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
As for something you can put on it to make it not hurt. Try viniger - this works with burns. Urine (I think its the ammonia?) - We use this for stingrays and jellyfish. Don't laugh but its not uncommon to see 5 guys on the beach peeing on a girls foot or leg. I've done it once, seen it about 3-4 times.
:D sorry I have to laugh...hahahahah

Ok since I have no bicarbonate no vinigar...I'll just pee on my fu***n hand!

This pee thing reminds me of a 'taboo' documentary I was watching on National Geography channel...where some people actually drink 'pee' and they saying it a cure for errthing!

BTW: The swelling has dissappeared and I didn't apply anything on it...plus I can't even see the sting nomore...

It doesn't hurt nomore unless I rub it...

Wondering if I should still see a doc tomorrow...I had other plans tho!

Thx!

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
I'd say you should be fine without seeing a doctor.

If anyone is still going to apply vinegar to a bee sting, please post a picture of your face whilst you do it.:D

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Hey I said vineger for a burn, and urine for a stingray sting or jelly fish sting. I didn't say pee on your bee sting. Although I can't imagine it would hurt much. After all we are talking about a "flying insect bite" The only thing to even worry about is allergies. That being said I've been stung a few times. It was always very painful till I pulled the stinger out. Then the pain subsided after about 2-3 hours. But it was like getting by a large ant.

jimkeith

Joined Oct 26, 2011
My family always used aromatic spirits of ammonia (smelling salts) for bee stings and mosquito bites--mildly alkaline--you can mix it up yourselves
70% isopropyl alcohol and 30% ammonia

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Hey I said vineger for a burn, and urine for a stingray sting or jelly fish sting. I didn't say pee on your bee sting. Although I can't imagine it would hurt much. After all we are talking about a "flying insect bite" The only thing to even worry about is allergies. That being said I've been stung a few times. It was always very painful till I pulled the stinger out. Then the pain subsided after about 2-3 hours. But it was like getting by a large ant.
A bee sting is not a bite. Mosquito's are bites. There is a really huge difference between the two. One involves a toxin, there other is a irritant without the toxic part. Bee's do not spread desease, while mosquitos do.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
:D

And to confirm I do have some empathy for your injury I've been stung by bees and wasps numerous times. Often when riding a motorcycle at speed and one goes down my neck, or jams inbetween my cheek and helmet, and for some reason the shock of the high speed impact really ticks them off and they start stinging madly. :(