mc2100-els-18W wiring board to treadmill

Poor old sod

Joined Jul 25, 2017
I have a new cct board, $290 from Icon, but am lost as to where LG1 terminal connects to. on the prev board this terminal went to an earth on the board. There's no obvious connection point.

Poor old sod

Joined Jul 25, 2017
thx-but on the other board [MC2100e rev C] when I did that it was a floating earth and destroyed the device. Can't afford to do that again, will contact icon/proform in NSW for advice and report here. the old board had a floating earth terminal and the wire was easily connected. this board doesn't have a terminal, just a spade connector at LUG1. All the rest i can get, but not this one. This board is supposed to be fully compatible.

EDIT 1
ammendment: board is MC2100ELS-18W-2Y
icon say lg1 is chassis earth, and if unit destroyed by making that connection, suspect dead motor. I will test it out.

EDIT 2
Q. what is a good way to test a 1800W 130Vdc motor? I have a small dmm, a 10A 12V/24V sm intelligent battery charger and two impossibly heavy 12V batteries. NB If motor faulty I don't want to burn myself holding hot connections, or should I call an auto electrician to test it?

Last edited:

Poor old sod

Joined Jul 25, 2017
Unfortunately I'm both weak and disabled, I can't get down to install the board or test anything. I've got 2 new knees and am very heavy, I can't bend. I can't sit on floor/low chairs because I can't get up without help. I'm having to wait on visits by friends whom have greater agility and strength, but they don't have my knowledge of electronics, and trusting them to get everything right is a stretch of faith. My sight is poor, so I can't necessarcerily verify their work. pictures by phone may help if they're in focus and clear. the treadmill is tucked into a dull, tight corner & awkward to move. It will have to wait a bit more. At least icon sent a tube of belt lube with the controller. Thx for the help. Sorry to be so difficult. END THREAD?